Author Topic: You decide if I get surgery  (Read 6539 times)

Offline joedead

• Posting Member
because I can't!

Seriously, I will decide this week to get an operation, not to get one, or to go on Nolvadex.

My doc says: I need surgery.

My training partner says: darn it, use tamoxifen

I'm somewhere in between, more tempted to use the Nolvadex becuase:

1. It's cheaper
2. Some post-op pics don't look that great....

Well, do I need surgery?  Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I have NO ONE else I can talk to about this.  All the pics I took today, I tried different lighting this time.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/joedeadbayewulf/#page1
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 06:43:40 PM by joedead »

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I remembered your pics but I decided not to reply because everything has been pretty much said and the opinons were sound one from a very respected member.

No one can tell you whether you should get surgery. You could ask a hundred people and they were give you different points of view. Why is this ? because your case is a  minor one. In some ways this is harder because if you had full on boobs the option would be clear.I know this myself.

Another thing you have to understand. Many on here recognise gyne when your average man on the street wouldn't. Because we have or had had the condition ourselves!We all have different standards too.

Personally from having looked at your second pics I couldn't see very much and don't really know what your doctor is talking about (you didn't see a PS straight off did you?). I can see something close up but Iam scrutinising and also have had a case myself.

It is diffcult when a doctor says you need surgery rather than a layman (he said those words in that way?)  I suggest seeing another one .I don't think you do need surgery for that.

I don't think you need drugs either in fact in your case I would build up your chest a little more and get more definition as you can tell you have been bulking in the second pics.You still look fine though.You have a decent physique m8 not in a mincing way. Eat well and train in my view.  

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
u have gland there.  ur call.  i say rip it out.  its annoyed u enough to come on to this site...it will always be there too...my opinion.

Offline joedead

• Posting Member
Pics are up now, Gynefor.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
Thanks Joedead! I agree with worrier, this is a minor case of gyne. If I had looked at pictures 1-6 without looking at the others, I would have told you that you had nothing. Now, considering pictures 7 til 9, I think it is some gland in there. Not sure but it may be.
Do you feel some hard tissue behind your nipples ?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 11:01:35 PM by Gynefor »

Offline joedead

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I do.  There is a hard disk, maybe about the size of a nickel.  (And some slight swelling around it.)

Do you think it's worth spending 3,000 bucks to get fixed?

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
There again, and as worrier told you, no one can tell you to get the surgery. It depends on how you feel and how your financial situation is. Some men would get surgery, some wouldn't because they do not feel so embarassed with their gyne.
But now, if I were you, I would probably think about getting surgery (I would only think about it, I wouldn't do it) but your gyne does not worth spending so much money. Think about it twice so as not to regret it. That's my personal opinion... and you're free to do what you feel to be good for you. Honestly, your body looks nice. You're well built and when I look at your pics, I can hardly notice it... (1 or hardly... 2 max on a 0-10 scale). Good luck in whatever you decide mate !
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 08:00:48 PM by Gynefor »

Offline joedead

• Posting Member
You know what.....

After hearing advice from the people here, I have decided NOT to get the operation.

Why?

I don't have enough money.  :P

Seriously, if I did, I probably still wouldn't at THIS POINT.  If it ever gets worse, yes.  But for now, no.

I think even if it's a slight case, like mine, it can be more annoying than a full-blown case were making a choice can be more clear-cut.  For me, as someone who spends ALOT of time at the gym, this just pisses me off, royally.  Like, of all the goddamn things, I gotta have gyne without ever having so much as looked at a steroid.  (as opposed to guys I know who have used and then developed gyne)

But, all in all, I gotta give this board a BIG thanks.  It's helped me put things in perspective, and now I know I ain't alone.

Offline bigboobdude

• Manboobs Rock!
Dude, I wouldn't risk having the surgery.  The risk of infection alone isn't worth it, not to mention complications from anesthesia, the cost of the procedure, etc...But if you must, good wishes for a quick and uneventful recovery!
After years of pain and heartache, I've come to enjoy my boobs.

Offline flex1appeal

Got news for you. Since no one addressed the idea of using tamoxifen as a cure, let me say this. Tamoxifen will not remove pre existing gyne. It is an estrogen blocker which basically means it prevents estrogen from binding allowing breast tissue to form. If you already have gyne, mild or not, you are stuck with that gyne unless you remove it surgically. Let me ask you something? Do you cycle? You look like you are retaining alot of water in these pics which is a sign of steroid use. Please don't get mad for me asking this. It's not an insult. I cycled for years when I competed so I know "the look" people get. If you do cycle, I'd get a hold of tamoxifen or better yet, arimidex (an estrogen inhibitor) and use it while you cycle to avoid any further gyne developement. As of now, you don't look bad enough to warrant surgery IMO. And I am not advocating you using steroids just because I did. But I know people will do what they want and I am just saying use precautions if you do continue. Best thing to do is stop using (if you do use that is) because you can do some serious damage to your endocrine system if you continue.

flex

Offline joedead

• Posting Member
In reply to the last two posts:

No, I've never used.  Thought about it, but haven't.   ;D
(So I'll take that as a compliment, I guess.)

I DID lose alot of wieght.  In college, I was into intense powerlifting, ate a TON of food, and ballooned from 145 pounds to 188 pounds.  

Currently, I'm back down to a average 160.  Other than eating a ton pf protien, I supplemented with Creatin and Ephedarine on occasion.  All over the counter stuff, extremely light usage.  

Personally, I think all the damn nipple twisters I used to get from jack-ass team mates made it worse....

Offline flex1appeal

Well, creatine can explain the water retention too. And yes, take it as a compliment.  ;D

flex

Offline joedead

• Posting Member
haha, thanks.

You sound like you know what you're talking about, did you BB or powerlift?

« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 03:35:27 PM by joedead »

Offline flex1appeal

Strictly bodybuilding. I use to compete on a national level. I haven't since 2000. I took roids for 12 years. I wish I hadn't. Live and learn.

flex

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024