Author Topic: Scarring  (Read 2076 times)

Offline learner

Could those of you who had surgery tell me how visible the scarring around the nipple is. Can you tell if you look? How close does one need to be to see that there is a cut? Are you able to take your shirt of without people paying attention? How long does it take for the scarring to reduce? Most pics at the doctor are taken from a distance so it is difficult to tell. I am asking because I am on the fence of doing a surgery. I would be embarrassed if people could tell.
Thanks!

DrBermant

Could those of you who had surgery tell me how visible the scarring around the nipple is. Can you tell if you look? How close does one need to be to see that there is a cut? Are you able to take your shirt of without people paying attention? How long does it take for the scarring to reduce? Most pics at the doctor are taken from a distance so it is difficult to tell. I am asking because I am on the fence of doing a surgery. I would be embarrassed if people could tell.
Thanks!

Scars after surgery depend on the problem to be treated, surgical technique(s), complications, skill of your surgeon, after care, scar care, how you heal, and other factors.

The areola chest skin interface is a great place to hide a scar.  Check out the many before after pictures of this Areola / Nipple Gallery here, here, and here.  These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.

How tissues move is important.  The human body is beautiful in animation.  That is why I show pictures of the chest with arms up, down, and with muscles tight / relaxed in addition to the results from multiple views.  Limited view demonstrations can pick the best angle to hide deformities and problems.  Such analysis of the results as well as how tissues evolve, the possible need for drains, comfort level after surgery, are important factors in picking your doctor.  It is like an artist selecting a paint brush.  The results are what matters, not with what tool they sculpt.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
My incision was made all the way around my areola so that it could be resized.  So far you can still see it close up, but at a distance of 10 feet you can't see the scar.  I'm now about 2 1/2 months post op.  I'm told that the scar will diminish over time such that you'll have to look for it to see it at close range.  Everybody's different though, and you have to follow the PS's massaging instructions in order to get the best results.  I'd rather have visible scars than the huge nips I had before surgery.  If your case is borderline to mild, then you may have a more difficult time deciding.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024