Author Topic: Do I have gyne?  (Read 4161 times)

Offline m_campbell

• Posting Member
I am at about 17% body fat at the moment and have recently lost 75 lbs lot of weight. I have always been concerned with my chest fat though. I realize I still have a lot of fat to lose and maybe it is just fat, but can anyone tell if I have gyne or if it is just fat?

« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 10:37:09 PM by m_campbell »

Offline Personal

• Posting Member
Yes, you do have Gynecomastia.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Yes I agree.  I think you have gyne.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
Yes, you do have gynecomastia. I think that doing some sports could help a bit but it won't disappear. Your gyne looks both fat and gland. Can you feel some hard tissue behind your nips ?

Offline m_campbell

• Posting Member
See thats the thing I don't feel any hard gland like thing behind my nipples. I just feel a lot of fat.

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
maby u only have fat in your breasts,
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I realize I still have a lot of fat to lose and maybe it is just fat, but can anyone tell if I have gyne or if it is just fat?

"Gyne or is just fat?"

Gynecomastia is, by definition: 'Gyne' Womanlike and 'Mastia' (or Mastos) Breasts. Even if the majority, or all of your condition is fat, it is still Gynecomastia dude. Chest fat tissue is very difficult to work off. You may not be able to get rid of it completely. Surgery may be your only option...

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline m_campbell

• Posting Member
I think what I am going to do is go on a 3 month bulk. I have recently come accross johnstonefitness.com and I must say it is one of the most amazing fitness forums. It basically said the way I lost weight was wrong as I was undereating and overexercising and burning muscle instead of fat. So I am going to go on a bulk and try to put as much muscle mass on as possible, and then when the scale hits 185 I am going to go on a healthy cut again. I dont know how much it will help with my chest problem, but in about 6 months I will know if surgery is the only option for me.

Offline flex1appeal

The one thing you have to realize it fat cannot be targeted for weight loss in a certain area. You may lose it off you love handles or you may loss it off your stomach. But then again, maybe you'll lose some off your chest. Doesn't matter how much you diet or exercise this will always be the case. Chest fat is the hardest to lose on men. That's a fact. Looking at your pictures, I'd have to say you have a combination of fat and gland. Typically, you would only feel the gland as you first begin to develop gyne. And you'd probably only feel it if you were a low bodyfat percentage at the time you developed it. I was at 6% BF when I developed mine and could feel a hard gland underneath. But I had very little fat initially as part of my gyne condition. As the years progressed, I developed more and more fat on my chest and could not feel the gland eventually. I think, if you start off at a higher BF percentage when you develop gyne, you probably won't be able to feel the gland cause the fat masks the gland.

Offline m_campbell

• Posting Member
Ok so I had my breasts run through an ultrasound procedure (tells if you have a gland) and I don't have any form of gland it is all just fat. So in that aspect I am lucky, but I still think I will contact a plastic surgeon in the future.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024