Author Topic: Gyne/Slouching  (Read 3041 times)

Offline aman1982

Had surgery 3 years ago for gyno.  Very happy with the results.

My only issue is that from gyne as a kid I was embarased and "slouched" all the time so naturally, I still slouch and don't stand up straight.

Any ideas on how to correct this.  I try as much as possible to stand up straight, but naturally i find myself slouching all the time.

I'm a 24/Male

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
there is an exercise (weight training) that corrects or helps this...i cant think of it right now, but google it somehow and u shud find it...i was just reading about it in mens health magazine....if i find it ill let u know

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
They called me quasimodo.

Hey PeterBateman, I haven't seen you around in a while. 

I remember a long time ago, you were thinking about wearing a bra. You said you had a pretty bad case of gyne and thought it might help you in some way.

Did you ever try it and if so, how did it work for you?

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
aman1982, how tall are you man, coz only tall people have this slouching problem, well the solution to ur problem is half psychological and half physical, do chest and shoulder exercises, push ups and bench presses, and when you are not working out always make sure you stand up straight, i had the same problem growing up, but i got rid of it. hey by the way how does it feel three years after surgery, any pains or regrets, how are the scars like? did you have gland excision or just lipo? who was your doctor, im going for surgery in few months. peace

Offline aman1982

I feel good.  I use to have a username under "Steve59" or "Steve5959" where I posted a link to pictures on the web.  (I can't find my website or my old password)

I had gland removal only.  The scars are not even noticeable.   The surgeon did a pretty good job.  The only time you can tell I had surgery is on my left side (that gland was bigger) when I lay down flat.  There is a little dent where the gland was.

I still have tenderness around the incision if i press it really hard and have lost some sensitivity in my chest.

Mentally, I feel pretty good.  I am now comfortable taking my shirt off in front of other people.  I just think I have a bad habbit of slouching from when I had gyne.

I have been lifting for a long time...  I have always had a "slouch".  I am 5'9 180 lbs.  Fairly muscular build.

I do have sort of a "beach goer" workout.  I don't do much for abs and was reading online that may help posture.

What else can I do?

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
Lower back exercises such as hyperextensions and even squats will help with posture if you hunch over at the waist.  If your hunch is higher like you bring your shoulders forward, any upper back exercise will help you to tighten those muscles.

Maybe your doctor might have a garment that you can wear that will help you correct your posture.  Ultimately you just have to get into the habit of, as much as possible, staying in good posture.

Good luck.

Offline aman1982

the slouching I would say is more upper back then lower.

I already do quite a few back exercises.  I will work on trying to stand up straight all the time and abbs and even more upper back workouts.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024