Author Topic: MUSCLE EATEN AWAY AFTER SURGERY???  (Read 9643 times)

Offline shaqazulu

• Posting Member
Hey all,

I've had gynecomastia surgery about 2.5 weeks ago.  I never even knew about this site.   I'm 20 years old, 5 foot 3, 100 pounds with RIGHT-SIDE ONLY gyne.

The doctor has said that the fat can compress your muscle, so when the fat comes out, my muscle can be smaller than the other side due to compression.

Now I do notice it, it's like all around my nipple, the muscle is gone.  DOES THAT EVER COME BACK?  The muscle under the areola, is totally gone to the bone, I could feel that rib.

Also, the suture line, has a little flap of nipple skin, which the doctor said will calm down?  I have to go in a couple of weeks to see him, only 2.5 weeks I had surgery.

Am I freaking out for nothing?  Have I been butchered?  Tell me your opinions please.

Oh yea, my nipple is totally numb, the whole thing, & I can't feel nothing at all.

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/public/view/full/45

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/public/view/full/46
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 07:08:39 PM by shaqazulu »

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
I have never heard of this before. During the surgery nothing is done to the muscle...all thats taken out is the hard gland and fat. Its hard to tell from your pictures though, it seems like you have a concavity, meaning part of the chest kind of..goes in?
Can you post some pictures from the side profile? That would help. Judging from your frontal pics though, you dont seem 'butchered'

DrBermant

Hey all,

I've had gynecomastia surgery about 2.5 weeks ago.  I never even knew about this site.   I'm 20 years old, 5 foot 3, 100 pounds with RIGHT-SIDE ONLY gyne.

The doctor has said that the fat can compress your muscle, so when the fat comes out, my muscle can be smaller than the other side due to compression.

Now I do notice it, it's like all around my nipple, the muscle is gone.  DOES THAT EVER COME BACK?  The muscle under the areola, is totally gone to the bone, I could feel that rib.

Also, the suture line, has a little flap of nipple skin, which the doctor said will calm down?  I have to go in a couple of weeks to see him, only 2.5 weeks I had surgery.

Am I freaking out for nothing?  Have I been butchered?  Tell me your opinions please.

Oh yea, my nipple is totally numb, the whole thing, & I can't feel nothing at all.

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/public/view/full/45

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/public/view/full/46
Although muscle can be injured, a skilled surgeon can typically avoid such a problem.  Removing a big mass can leave a cavity or defect.

Posting Standardized After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures can help others better understand your concerns.  This new set tends to show dynamic and muscle problems well. 

However, two and 1/2 weeks after surgery is very early.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the problem treated, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, after care, scar care, and how a patient heals.  I prefer my Dynamic Technique in which there is minimal bruising and swelling.  The biggest change happens on the operating table.  That is how I am able to post images the day after surgery.  However, further refinement happens over time as sculpted tissues evolves as they soften with scar care, compression, and healing.  As with any cut, tissues need to heal and soften.

You can see other examples of early resuts:

in this competition body builder here.

This one sided (unilateral) gynecomastia shows the swelling after surgery typical swelling after my gynecomastia surgery compaired to the side that had No Surgery

Here is another example of early healing after unilateral surgery typically seen with my techniques. 

Here is another example of typical minimal swelling and bruising in a 14 year old patient with more images images of tissue evolution and swelling here.

You can find many more examples on my website of primary gynecomastia tissue evoluation.

I perform many Revision Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Operations on patients done by other doctors around the world. Each patient has told me how different their tissues were after my Dynamic Technique compaired to their previous surgery.  They all have commented how the swelling was much less, comfort better, and their expectation met, even at their first view of the tissues after surgery.  You can see typical tissue evolution after Revision Gynecomastia Surgery here.

However, even with these techniques, the tissue continue to evolve over time.  Here is another example of a patient revised after initial surgery done in Australia, early and 2 years after his operation.

This is real surgery and tissues do need to heal just like any other cut or injury.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline shaqazulu

• Posting Member
The doc said that a LARGE mass can shrink your muscle, especially if the mass if really big.  If you have ever seen the muscle shrink, does it go back to normal in a few weeks?

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/public/view/full/48

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/public/view/full/49

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/public/view/full/50

I know it's early, I'm just wondering if the muscle will take place of the craters over time?  I'm going to be working out intensely after another month.

Thanks for all the replies.

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Alright i see what you mean now. Yeah its a concavity, and its one of the risks that comes with the surgery. I have a slight one on my left side, but its only visible if i flex my chest muscle. Is it always visible for you or only when you flex? Im 3 weeks post-op and it has gotten better for me over the past few days. It may get better over time for you, and working out to build up muscle may also help.

Offline shaqazulu

• Posting Member
It's always noticeable.  So, maybe it will get better for me as it has for you.

I won't be able to start working out for another month... I can't wait.

Maybe the muscle will start going back to normal because there is no fat constricting it now.

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Sorry bro. I have one too, concavity. It won't go away trust me!! The PS will keep telling you that it will, but this is just a tactic to fend you off. I've been throught it.

Offline shaqazulu

• Posting Member
IT WON'T GET ANY BETTER???  What the f#$%?!

What am I going to do?  Working out won't help it?

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Sorry bro. I have one too, concavity. It won't go away trust me!! The PS will keep telling you that it will, but this is just a tactic to fend you off. I've been throught it.

Gyneman, i thought you told me it improved for you and isnt really noticeable for you?
Dont worry, give it some time and it may improve. A lot of guys on this site said it imporved for them over time, i thought gyneman was one of them?
I noticed in my first week of being post op the concavity for me was visible when i flexed, but into my 3rd week it isnt as visible anymore. But then again maybe mine isnt as severem as for me it is only when i flex my chest. But yeah i really recommend giving it time and hitting the gym before you start worrying.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
shaq...

Who was your surgeon?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline shaqazulu

• Posting Member
shaq...

Who was your surgeon?

GB

It was Dr. Leibovitz in Louisville, Colorado.

I really hope the muscle spreads out.   I'm not sure the surgeon is the problem in this case since my gyne was huge & it compressed my muscle... We'll see.

DrBermant

shaq...

Who was your surgeon?

GB

It was Dr. Leibovitz in Louisville, Colorado.

I really hope the muscle spreads out.   I'm not sure the surgeon is the problem in this case since my gyne was huge & it compressed my muscle... We'll see.

Know your surgeon's certifications:

http://www.abms.org/searchdetail.asp?key=364778

The ABMS.org site requires that you register, agree to its terms, and then for free you can see if and what type of board certification(s) a surgeon has.  The service is free.  Putting in the last name and state typically is enough to find the doctor.  This is only good for the US and possibly Canada (have not tried).

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
my gyne was huge & it compressed my muscle...

Do you have any Pre-Op pics posted?

GB
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 09:18:08 AM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline outertrial

First off you need to calm down. I dont think it looks anything like as bad as you think ans as dr B said 2.5 weeks is VERY soon after surgery. Its a hardcore operation and the tissue takes months to settle down. You need to give it some time.

Offline shaqazulu

• Posting Member
Ross Michael Leibovitz, MD
Locations:
Louisville, CO  United States

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Certified By: The American Board of Surgery

General Certificates:
Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024