Author Topic: need answers regarding my options available  (Read 967 times)

Offline shadow_fig

i felt hard lumps in my chest area when i was 15-16 years old .

then i noticed that it has grown to an extent that it can be seen by others when i wear a t-shirt . i think all of my friends , families think that i accumulated fat in my chest area . but i knew it wasn't the case because i wasn't too overweight or anything and was almost fit

it has changed its shape over the years . i waited that it will correct itself all my teens . but never did .

i'm 21 years now , weighing around 176 lbs , 5'11" . i think i'm fit enough .

please have a look at my pictures and tell me what i can do . should i operate it ? is this gyno for sure ?

i still feel pain deep inside now . before there were lumps under nipples(when i was in teens) . those lumps are gone now .
i have pain deep inside somewhere if i press hard now . there are lumps kind of thing at the very end now(can feel little) . i don't feel any lumps right under my nipples anymore , is this a sign that  it is getting resolved ??  i have been seeing changed lately .

please help me with the issue

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It looks like you have gynecomastia based on the photos in conjunction with your description.  It's certainly not the worst case, but you could have improvement with surgical correction. I'm not sure what advice you're seeking, but if you're wondering if you have gynecomastia and how to address it, I would say yes, and I'd encourage you to see a surgeon who takes care of the condition regularly and decide on surgery (or not).
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Looks like gynocomastia. Should be able to be successfully treated by standard techniques. I use a Lateral Pull Through technique which eliminates the scar at the areola. When properly done, I think that this technique helps to reduce the risk of complictions such as crater deformity or scar retraction.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:09:55 PM by Dr. Schuster »
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline shadow_fig

thank you very much for the input :)

As i said above . some days back (before  a month) i  had some pain deep inside if i press my chest . i could at that time sense some small amount of lump inside .

but my concern is still the same because except now that i am not finding any lumps or pain . it still is the same size and is visible when i wear shirt . it really bothers me .

good or bad but the lumps are completely gone by itself after paining for some days . i don't know if that means i don't have any breast tissues . i can't feel any lumps/fibrous kind of thing anywhere in my chest area now with no pain now.

my question now is -
1) Is it possible to have fully developed breast like tissue evenly without any lumps??  ( i know that there will be lumps under nipples if there is Gynecomastia as a general identification point)
2) considering that now i don't have any lumps/fibrous tissues , can i assume that what i have is  fat and if i workout for an year in the gym , can i bring it into good shape ??  by working out in gym i mean i do cardio and all body building stuff

i am asking these questions because i really can't go to a surgeon at this point in my life due to many reasons and this problem is affecting mentally in every corner of my life . so answer my question with regard that i cannot possibly go to a doctor .

thanks a lot .

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Gynecomastia is a spectrum which varies in size and consistancy. If it bothers you a lot I suggest you go get a consultation from an experienced gyno surgeon. Otherwise let it go. Good luck.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
You have gynecomastia. If it bothers you you should consider correction.You should see someone who specializes in the correction of gynecomastia.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Gynecomastia refers primarily to the appearance of your chest/breast.  It doesn't matter if you feel lumps or don't feel lumps--the diagnosis doesn't change, it's still gynecomastia based on the appearance.  If it bothers you and you can get it fixed, then great. If it bothers you and you can't get it fixed, you'll need to figure out how to live with it without excess stress. If it causes that much stress, then you may want to figure out how to save to get it corrected.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024