Author Topic: Let's begin this journey...  (Read 715 times)

Offline JethroG88

Hey team,
I'm new here, but not to the struggle. Gynecomastia isn't just a word for me; it's personal. I lost my brother to the complications and the heavy emotional toll that comes with it. Itdrove him to suicidality and the r His fight ended, but mine's just started.  I'm helping spread awareness, aiming to spread awareness because knowledge is more than power; it's a lifeline.
I've been digging into resources to share the most reliable information out there. The first gem I hit was www.gynecomastia.wiki the I joined quite a few Facebook groups. I just don't want anyone to go through what I have.
Then there's www.gynecomastia.org, a sanctuary where stories and support flow as freely as the coffee in the break room. And let's not forget the solidarity over at HealthUnlocked's Gynecomastia Forum. It's another spot where the real talk happens and where you don't have to go at it alone.

I look forward to walking this path with you all, learning, sharing, and changing the gyno game together.

Stay strong,

J

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Hey team,
I'm new here, but not to the struggle. Gynecomastia isn't just a word for me; it's personal. I lost my brother to the complications and the heavy emotional toll that comes with it. Itdrove him to suicidality and the r His fight ended, but mine's just started.  I'm helping spread awareness, aiming to spread awareness because knowledge is more than power; it's a lifeline.
I've been digging into resources to share the most reliable information out there. The first gem I hit was www.gynecomastia.wiki the I joined quite a few Facebook groups. I just don't want anyone to go through what I have.
Then there's www.gynecomastia.org, a sanctuary where stories and support flow as freely as the coffee in the break room. And let's not forget the solidarity over at HealthUnlocked's Gynecomastia Forum. It's another spot where the real talk happens and where you don't have to go at it alone.

I look forward to walking this path with you all, learning, sharing, and changing the gyno game together.

Stay strong,

J
Welcome aboard! 

We could all use a bit more input from more individuals. I'm sure you shall fit right in nicely with the rest of the lot. 

I'm Birdie, and I'm AMAB/intersex. I have had breasts since puberty, so I am quite accustomed to them. They have decided to grow quite a bit over the last few years, and I'm currently a DDD. 
I identify as female, so I don't have any body image issues as a result of my breasts. My hips, that's another story! I could really lose some of my hips!

Tell us a bit more about yourself. 🤔

💞Birdie💞
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline gotgyne

Hi Jethro, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that your brother has lost his fight with his psychichal demons.
Unfortunately your link to "HealthUnlocked" doesn't work, there seems to be no such URL.
The mentioned "gynecomastia.wiki" should be revised. In fat men there is no clear differentiation between lipomastia (breast enlargement only because of fat) and gynecomastia (hormonal influences, which cause an increase of glandular tissue). Several doctors in this forum confirmed this. These men have some amount of real gynecomastia as well, since the enzyme aromatase in the cells of their belly fat converts testosterone into estrogen.
As Birdie already wrote, please tell us something more about you.
John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Jethro,

First let me say how sorry I am to hear of the struggles and loss you have had.  Words are lost reading that.

Every person is unique. Physical shape and emotionally.  How one deals with this is not different than the ways one deals with life's other challenges.
We all, every human, must strive for personal acceptance and contentment. Inner peace.  I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that there is always someone that has an unhealthy attitude toward me.  My choice is weather I allow THAT to influence how I get on with life.  If you read all the post on this site you will see everyone takes a different approach to that.  Some have surgery, some keep their body shape and learn to live with it, and some just don't care.  Point is there is no one size fits all.  You must find peace within yourself.  Then and only then will you be able to live a good and healthy life.

Keep reaching out to friends, groups like this, Doctors and do what it takes to find that inner peace. 
I hope you find it as I have and many others as well.  I know I'm always learning and that is a good thing.  I'm moving forward not living in the past or what could have been and certainly not letting others bring me down.  You know you.  Be you.

Offline taxmapper

Guten eben [font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Jethro. [/font][/color]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Hope you can share out experiences and also teach. [/font][/color]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]The issues involved are nuanced and complicated for each person individually. [/font][/color]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]I wholly accept the situation and want more myself. [/font][/color]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Talk about your experiences. [/font][/color]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Everyone here can contribute a positive approach for you. [/font][/color]

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024