Author Topic: Raynaud's syndrome - blanched white nipples or nipples and areola  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I've had this happening ever since I was in school in the 60s and had to put band-aids on my nipples for running in cold weather.  Now it happens getting out of the shower in cool air, but only occasionally.  Some other people have reported having Raynaud's syndrome (hands, face and feet) go away completely with certain nutrients and maybe that is what is reducing mine, about 90% reduced now.  Just the nipple is blanching, and occasionally part of the areola.  It used to be all of both, strange looking.

In what I have read they specify "nursing mothers" but that it has nothing to do with lactation or nursing but rather vascular spasm that happens from the cool air on wet nipple.  They ignore men on this one 100% as far as I can see, not that there is any known treatment.  And from mentions one would think that men never have such but clearly they do.  Others here have mentioned pain in cold weather running and such.

Raynaud's syndrome is associated with elevated homocystein which might point at deficiencies of folate (l-methylfolate is human active form), B12 (MeCbl is human active form) and B6 (p5p is active form).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024