Author Topic: compression vest after surgery  (Read 5735 times)

Offline yorgen

• Posting Member
hi, i'm about to go through the surgery and wondered how noticeable are the post op garments under your clothing? i'm worried that people would notice i went through the surgery and i most definitely don't want them to... another question - do the garments limit you in any way?
thanks

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Good questions.  I'm having my surgery within the next 2 days, and wouldn't mind knowing that myself!  Good luck with your surgery  :)
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

hammer

Guys I don't want to sound cruel here, but be excited that you are getting rid of your man boobs and not worry about the vest! I can guarantee you that it will not be as noticeable as if you would have to spend the rest of you life in a wheelchair or without an arm or something like that!

Think positive, things could always be worse!

Offline rocks456

• Posting Member
I just had surgery yesterday and I left the hospital with two drains and a vest. My vest underneath a loose button up shirt is noticeable, but my vest is stiff and has padding at the chest. Under a hooded sweater my vest is not too noticeable. I know the compression vests not made to carry drains should be less bulky and not too obvious under clothing.

My movement is limited right now. I don't have full range of motion in my arms; pushing, pulling, bracing myself is all pretty uncomfortable right now because of the trauma from surgery, not because my vest is limiting anything.

Good luck with your surgery, I was a nervous wreck going into my surgery, but the actual surgery itself has been the easiest part of this process so far.

Cheers!

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I wasn't too worried about the visibility part, more about the range of motion.  I wasn't sure if the vest (being as tight as it must be) would restrict movement at all. 

Offline transformSoon

• Posting Member
I am wearing vest since past 6 weeks and let me assure you it is not at all noticeable. Also while living with gyno for so many years, one will not have much problem in hiding a compression vest :)

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Also while living with gyno for so many years, one will not have much problem in hiding a compression vest :)

True enough!!

Offline Maxmataco

I just had surgery 10 days ago and my Doctor said I could just wear a sports compression vest. What I did do is cut up a normal but very small size torso compression T-Shirt and turn it into an elastic tube which I squeeze into and wear like a strapless bra (kind of hard to wiggle and keep up as the day progresses but as it is summer here in South Africa it is a relief to have only a small band covered and bound under my T-Shirt / Shirt)
Good luck with your op when you get it done...
M

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I'm now on day 9 after surgery, and have been wearing the compression vest 24-7 as instructed.  The only barely noticeable part I can say is on the shoulders where the velcro adjustment straps are.  This is only noticeable when wearing a simple t-shirt though, and even then, not that much.  Certainly not enough for anyone to say anything about.  Your vest may be different though (for the better even!).  But overall, I'm really happy with my vest.  Unnoticeable, and relatively comfortable too!

Offline dussaghun

• Posting Member
My son had the surgery on December 15 and had to wear the vest with the drain inserts for 4 days.  During this time he wore zip up hoodies and the vest or drains were not at all noticable.  After the drains were removed and he was changed to the vest he is still wearing, they are not noticable even under t-shirts. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024