Author Topic: bra vs vest  (Read 16334 times)

Offline walt

• Gold Member
its usually a danskin sports bra but I also have a few seamless small cup sports bras as well. my Dr said I really should get some with support as they hurt when I drive , just need to convince the wife I need to get a support bra, she has no issue with sports bras but not sure on anything else especiaaaly with any lace or such.

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
I find underwire push ups give the best support, but also make them bigger. Regular underwire is what I wear out of the house.

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
For me, its all about comfort and taking care of my body as best I can as it becomes older!  Not the biggest around this blog but at 48B, I still feel a lot more comfortable with a well fitting bra on.

After a period of feeling conspicous when ever going out, that has passed and now I never even give a thought to it, as doubt any one notices but if they do, so what!!!

Do I ever think I would be better off with out this different looking chest, well that too I have come to grips with, as it is who I am, and I can deal with it, even as it requires me wearing supporting garments to be comfortable. 

I look at this no differently than I do with the support hose I have to wear due to poor leg circulation. That too took some time to get over, a middle aged male told to wear pantyhose or face the possibility of blood clots causing a stroke.  Guess what, those hose aren't that bad, in fact I now feel half dressed  without them on!

Finally, as I have said in other posts, do not think of these garments as something for women only, think of them as only a garment  designed to add comfort to your life, and help your body cope, and you will feel much more comfortable with your choices and more at peace with your self.

DB :)

hammer

I wore the support hose due to water retention. We bought the craftmatic adjustable beds so I could raise my feet and I was able to get rid of the water now my legs looks to small to carry me!  I did find however that they also made my prosthetic knees feel better as well even though the water was gone. The doctor I had at the U of M as my primary was an endocrinologist said go ahead  and wear them, but the one at the VA said that there not good for me, however I remember the reason I was given.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
I like my bra I am a 48B as well and as for hose I like to wear spandex compression tights or leggings in the cooler weather .does help.but during the hot days I can sweat up a bra in record time.

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
Finally have a bit of time to respond to what Hammer said about different recomendations for support hose.

Interesting that a doc from VA "suggested" support hose are not good for you? 

I suppose that could be a case of are your veins maybe good enough to work yet, but if you don't get the right exercise, they won't be working right??

That would be like  telling someone with B or C size brest to excercise proprelly, and you will not need the support of a bra to keep your breast from sagging and creating stress on parts of your body.

Unfortunattly, some of us have already lost  or damaged parts of our vein systems, and do need our support garments to stay healty and comfortable.  Others who can't excercise as needed, may also need the support help provided by these garments for vein health or support garments for breast already sagging. 

Additionally, if traveling by air at high altitudes with limited ability to move around, these garents can be very important to healh.

Bottom line, passing advice along that using support garments like support hose "are not good for you" seems to be a bit short sighted. 
D B

hammer

I have no idea where he was coming from DB, in the end I found that doc to be a "ass"

I'm going to talk to my new primary about the support hose and see what she has to say about it. I've noticed when my legs are not up and I'm sitting in a regular chair my feet and toes turn dark blue.

The hose also support my knees and keep them from "clicking" and hurting as much! I have no idea how prosthetic knees can hurt, but they can!

I don't have the water retention anymore, but as I said, the feet turn dark unless I keep them up!

Bob

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
Hey Bob, you have poor circulation at the least!  I will say again, I am not an MD but do remember the things my vein doc told me happen when your vein system goes south.
You have a system of valves between your exterior veins and interior veins, that have to work to move the blood out of lower extremities.  When they do not, or are in effecient, you see the result of blood pooling in feet and lower legs.  Support hose helps these weak veins and the system continue to work!

Bad veins run in familys so it seems I was doomed from the start.  Worse yet, I didn't take care of mine till it was really serious, not a good idea.

When the new technology came around for none intrusive vein surgery, I was all for it as hoped I could get out of the support hose I was doomed to.  I did for only a few short years, and found I had to go back to use again as the damage was to great from waiting too long to do the surgery.  Without the support hose, my circulation from remaining outer veins was still slow enough that I was getting blood clots again, not good for a long life!

While poor circulation will not kill you, it is a symptom of something that will, as bad circulation can lead to clots in external veins, and they can. 

Take care of your self buddy, and work with your docs.  If you are not sure of something that is said, don't be concerned about going to someone other, with more experiance in a speciality for second opionion.

Enjoy the summer while it lasts, a short time it seems in land of lakes

D B

steven618

I wear a bra, havent tried a vest but hear horrible things on the comfort. I have 7 bras, 5 sports and comfort that arent tight but more for just holding up without projecting. And 2 regular wired bras with no padding and clips on the straps on the front so they are not noticeable. My wife would be pissed if sbe found them and ive yet to find the way to ask her and tell her cause i know her answer and perspective already. But i wear them all the time otherwise and if i know we arent gonna be somewhere where she will be all huggy feely i rock one. Part of me wishes she would hug and notice it and give me that look just so i could be like, see you cant see it or tell at all but the comfort and support it gives me is amazing and a relief so can we just be ok with jt

Offline Et1964

• Posting Member

I really struggle with the idea of a bra, although from the correspondence I have had on this site would suggest that my gyno is much more than mild.  I have bought a bra as support, but find the idea of discovery just too frightening.  Vests however do cover things, but offer little support.

My chest size is approaching 38c, and surgery is not an option due to health issues.

Offline Johndoe1

I started with sports bras but after awhile they became too hot and too snug for everyday wear. I now only wear sports bras when exercising and wear regular underwire bras the rest of the time. The underwires give me better support and a better shape that does lift, but the lift makes for more comfort and I wear styles that lift but doesn't create  projection that makes me stand out that much more than when I am bra less.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
Hey Bob, you have poor circulation at the least!  I will say again, I am not an MD but do remember the things my vein doc told me happen when your vein system goes south.
You have a system of valves between your exterior veins and interior veins, that have to work to move the blood out of lower extremities.  When they do not, or are in effecient, you see the result of blood pooling in feet and lower legs.  Support hose helps these weak veins and the system continue to work!

Bad veins run in familys so it seems I was doomed from the start.  Worse yet, I didn't take care of mine till it was really serious, not a good idea.

When the new technology came around for none intrusive vein surgery, I was all for it as hoped I could get out of the support hose I was doomed to.  I did for only a few short years, and found I had to go back to use again as the damage was to great from waiting too long to do the surgery.  Without the support hose, my circulation from remaining outer veins was still slow enough that I was getting blood clots again, not good for a long life!

While poor circulation will not kill you, it is a symptom of something that will, as bad circulation can lead to clots in external veins, and they can.  

Take care of your self buddy, and work with your docs.  If you are not sure of something that is said, don't be concerned about going to someone other, with more experiance in a speciality for second opionion.

Enjoy the summer while it lasts, a short time it seems in land of lakes

D B

I have had the surgery on the outer vein of my right leg and if went very well with no real pain at all.  And I stopped wearing the support thigh highs the doctor proscribed for me after the 6 week recovery time.  But that was in the winter. Now that summer is here I can not bring myself to wear thigh highs and short at the same time.  But any time the temperate get below 82 degrees I will wear jeans and my support thigh highs,  I is just something about going out shopping and wear support hose and short that I cannot get over
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I had never heard of a rash vest till I got to this web site.  So I looked it up and NO THANKS.  I would rather wear a tee shirt, nothing or a bikini top that that.  They look horribly uncomfortable to me or like something a surfer would wear for protection than something that I would wear just to hide my breast. I don't even like the Tankinis.  I want a tan on more than my legs. I wear a bra or bikini out back on my deck as well as when I am working on the back yard and that is good enough for me.  I have lived just of the Virginia Beach Ocean front for close to 40 years and the beach no longer has an appeal to me.  I also had a above ground  pool (12' by 24') in the back for over 15 years.  I was actually glad when it spilt.  Less work for me all summer getting the chemical balance just right and cleaning it up from falling leaves, hurricanes throwing large limbs into the pool along with tons of other junk.  Just whish I had a recliner a out there to ly on.

Offline Robin_wayne

• Posting Member
I'm new here. Just wanted to know if you all perfered a bra or vest and why
I love to be in bra. 

Brdy64

Concealment is impossible at a 50 D cup. So I opt for Comfort only wearing a soft cup bra everyday. I also wear overalls that helps cover up my bra straps and some of my chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024