Author Topic: Mexico for surgery?  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member
I know it's like 50 percent cheaper to go down there for the operation. Anyone know how the quality is? Like Dr. Caloca in Tijuana? According to him, he has done the gyno procedure over 100 times and not one complaint from any patient or one where he had to do a revision.

I know they say that when it comes to your body, price shouldn't be an issue. But does a high price also guarantee a better doctor too?

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
I don't know what the quality is like, but there's no way I would even risk going down there to have surgery in order to save a few bucks. I've heard some bad stories from south of the border.  :o

If the surgery were free, or even if somebody paid me to go down there to have it done, I still wouldn't do it. It's not worth the risk IMO.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I highly doubt he's been batting 100/100. NOBODY is that good. Out of 100 operations surely he has some patients that were not 100% satisfied with the results.

Going to Mexico for surgery is a gamble. It's a gamble with your life and health.

So, your decision is whether or not "rolling the dice" with your health, and possibly your life, is worth saving a few thousand dollars.

I'm sure Caloca is a skilled surgeon. But, if something goes wrong you are in Mexico, not the US.

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member
I highly doubt he's been batting 100/100. NOBODY is that good. Out of 100 operations surely he has some patients that were not 100% satisfied with the results.

Going to Mexico for surgery is a gamble. It's a gamble with your life and health.

So, your decision is whether or not "rolling the dice" with your health, and possibly your life, is worth saving a few thousand dollars.

I'm sure Caloca is a skilled surgeon. But, if something goes wrong you are in Mexico, not the US.

Well that is what he told me via email which starts making me think. He said "To my knowledge, I have a 100% patient satisfaction rate."

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free

Well that is what he told me via email which starts making me think. He said "To my knowledge, I have a 100% patient satisfaction rate."

My advice: Don't chance it. Save up longer if you have to. Get a credit card. There are other ways to get your hands on money.

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member

Even with money I'm not so confident about surgery.  :)

I think with even the smallest improvement people would get surgery. Any improvement is improvement none the less which is my goal and im quite sure everyone elses on this forum;)
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

Offline Drastic99

• Posting Member
I'm looking to be cured of it because I have been working out for years. I am in very good shape other than that and sometimes stomach when I don't eat bad. But I pretty much lost my stomach a month or two ago and it didn't help at all. I dropped in weight from 260 to 195 and it didn't help at all in the chest.

Offline dalmatia

I would not surgeon in USA, I definitely trust more in hispanos doctors.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024