Author Topic: Awaiting RAMQ (Quebec Health care) decision!  (Read 3804 times)

Offline jim2121

Hi,

So as a 6 foot tall, 180 lbs, 27 year old guy with a 32 waist and a size small/medium built, my gynecomastia was beginning to take a toll on me.

Thus, I talked to my family physician about it and he recommended me to a surgeon (Dr. Serge Legault) at Cité de la santé in Laval.

I finally saw the surgeon this morning for an echography and to give him some pictures so he can open a case with the RAMQ (free Canadian health care).

He told me the waiting time for a decision should be around 2-3 months and that once it has been taken that he would book the surgery for free.He also told me that he has never had any issue with such request. :)

So as for now, here what it looks like :
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:14:27 PM by jim2121 »

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member

Welcome to the forum and good luck on the approval!

Is the surgeon a plastic surgeon and known for his gynecomastia surgeries?

---Bobby

Offline jim2121

---Bobby

Actually I don't think he's a plastic surgeon. He mostly deals with breast cancer patients. I don't know either if he's known for his gynecomastia surgery.

To be honest I was really nervous in meeting him and forgot to ask some key questions. I know he doesn't have before and after pictures (he told me they don't do that). He told me how he was going to do the surgery, such as cutting underneath the nipples and taking everything underneath.

Overall I know I might be disappointed with the results, but it's a risk that I'm willing to take. I don't have the funds to pay for a plastic surgeon and I would rather do it for free and have some imperfections than perfect and out of $5000. :P

In the end, it's my choice and I just want those breasts gone for good.

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member

---Bobby

Actually I don't think he's a plastic surgeon. He mostly deals with breast cancer patients. I don't know either if he's known for his gynecomastia surgery.

To be honest I was really nervous in meeting him and forgot to ask some key questions. I know he doesn't have before and after pictures (he told me they don't do that). He told me how he was going to do the surgery, such as cutting underneath the nipples and taking everything underneath.

Overall I know I might be disappointed with the results, but it's a risk that I'm willing to take. I don't have the funds to pay for a plastic surgeon and I would rather do it for free and have some imperfections than perfect and out of $5000. :P

In the end, it's my choice and I just want those breasts gone for good.

Well... good luck then!

--Bobby

Offline jim2121

After 2 years, I finally got my surgery date! I won't have to pay anything.

Thanks free healthcare.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024