Author Topic: 3 weeks post surgery question  (Read 2522 times)

Offline OneTimer

Hi all,

I'm three weeks post surgery and it has been smooth sailing in terms of recovery so far. Having said that, I looked at my chest when I got home from work tonight and touched my nipple. I wish I never did this since I something that I wish I hadn't. If I push on my left nipple, a tiny whitish substance will appear, but not leak out. My sutures have nearly dissolved and I have a minimal gap from my chest to areola (the two haven't completely "bonded yet"). The area is not red, swollen, hot, painful, and I do not have a fever. I'm going to see my PS surgeon tomorrow, but the nervous bug has bitten me and I can keep my mind off of it now. Any ideas, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
It's probably a good thing you are getting your PS to have a look at it.  Almost sounds like a mild infection in the deeper tissue under the nipple area if it oozes a little when pressed, but without it being a little sore or red, maybe not.  The body will do amazing and sometimes strange things in order to heal itself.  Hopefully it isn't anything that can't be sorted out with some antibiotic medication or more healing time.  Your doc will know for sure.  Good luck to you!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline OneTimer

Thanks for replying! Saw the PS today, the white substance I saw ended up being nothing. The PS pressed extremely hard on and around the nipple and all that showed was less than a droplet of blood and no white discharge. He mentioned the white discharge could have been a combination of several factors, mainly sutures dissolving. I couldn't be happier, nervous bug went away the second I heard that.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I'm glad to hear it was nothing to worry about!  I haven't had surgery yet myself, so I can only imagine what kind of thoughts will be running through my mind after its done....Hope the healing continues to go well!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024