Author Topic: is this gyno? 21 y/o  (Read 7298 times)

Offline dcfelons

The other day my nipples began to feel sore and after doing some reading, I can't shake the thought that it could be gyno

the only athletic supplements I've ever taken are protein powders and creatine

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Some might say yes, but there is not a chest that flat among my 4 sons.

If it troubles you, it is bad.

If you can ignore it, then it is not bad.

The measure is not based upon size but impact. Some guys tolerate it well and others do not. Your answer is the only one that counts.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 05:08:00 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline mainstream

• Posting Member
as soon as I saw that all I said was "hell no"

Offline dcfelons

the overall contour of my chest does not bother me, but the nipple region does

when I pinch them I feel tangible lumps behind each

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I strongly suspect that most young men have much more important things to worry about. If you do not have other, larger concerns you are a very lucky young man.

Offline TigerPaws

Move on with your life, "if" your breast continues to grow you will know it, "generally" you will feel what is often described as an itchy/tinginly" feeling which you can not scratch and the area just under and around you nipple will be hard and sore.

Look carefully at what you eat and what products you use, research "phytoestrogens", what they are and what products they are used in. Then eliminate as many of these compounds from you daily activities, food, hair care, canned soft drinks/beer. There is enough proof to show that these compounds will cause breast development depending on how sensitive you are to them. The problem is that the more you are exposed these compounds more sensitive you become and hence the larger your breasts become.

Offline sweet

No, i wouldn't mind having a chest like this

hammer

In my younger days we called a chest like yours, pecks! I would like to see mine look like that again without surgery,just weight lost, but that is wishful thinking!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:40:43 PM by hammer »

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
Good muscular overall contour to your chest but you certainly have some gland behind the nipples just pushing them out a bit (mild gynecomastia). This is most obvious on the second and third pics, on the last picture I suspect your nipples are erect and this will push the gland back hiding it, so its not as obvious on that pic. It looks mild but I suspect that's partly because your at a low bf.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Strictly speaking, yes, you appear to have a small amount of excess tissue in the areolar area. 

Most guys would love to have a chest and physique such as yours.  Others -- perhaps yourself -- are disturbed by any excess tissue that would detract from an absolutely sculpted chest.

Whether to have surgery to remove this is certainly a decision that only you can make.  In the meantime, try wearing a compression shirt, which will provide you with a sculpted contour.

Only caveat:  if you should decide to seek surgery for this, make sure you see an experienced gyne surgeon.  What appears to be a simple removal is absolutely not simple.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024