Author Topic: testosterone replacement  (Read 2826 times)

Offline clike

• Posting Member
can anyone give me any info on developing gyno from testosterone replacement? I had lipo on my chest 2 years ago and everything went great. I have low testosterone so I decided to treat it. when I am on the medicine my chest feels tingly and sore and I seem to be devoping fat on my chest again. my doctor acts like its impossible with my e2 low. thanks

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The hormonal system is, to a degree, self regulating.   If you are taking male hormones and your body senses a surplus, the surplus is converted to Estrogen and the normal production of Testosterone is reduced.  Body builders who take anabolic Steroids frequently have that problem and Gynecomastia is often the result. 

Obviously attempting to regulate the hormones is not a DIY job, but calls for the specialized skills of an Endocrinologist.
Grandpa Dan

Offline clike

• Posting Member
thanks for your response. my e2 has stayed very low but I still developed fat on my chest
The hormonal system is, to a degree, self regulating.   If you are taking male hormones and your body senses a surplus, the surplus is converted to Estrogen and the normal production of Testosterone is reduced.  Body builders who take anabolic Steroids frequently have that problem and Gynecomastia is often the result.  

Obviously attempting to regulate the hormones is not a DIY job, but calls for the specialized skills of an Endocrinologist.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Years ago we had a guy who suffered from Hypogonadism.  he called himself "Hypo." He had trouble after an absence signing back in so he then signed in as "Hypo is here."   The significance is that he researched his own condition extensively and became quite knowledgeable about hormones.   If you look him up in "Members",  His posts are Archived and can be read.   Please do not add to those old records, it is better to start a new topic than revive an old one.     

Offline clawdius

• Posting Member
I have been on testosterone replacement for ~3+ years and have gone from an "A" to a full "C" cup and am debating whether to have lipo. I can't seem to get assurance that the breast tissue won't return. I need to stay on testosterone.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are medications that can deal with the conversion of Testosterone to Estrogen but I do not know if they would be appropriate in your case.
If you are being treated by an endocrinologist, That is the best thing and nothing anyone says here would be better.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I have been on testosterone replacement for ~3+ years and have gone from an "A" to a full "C" cup and am debating whether to have lipo. I can't seem to get assurance that the breast tissue won't return. I need to stay on testosterone.

Hi Clawdius,

I'm 68.  I haven't had a breast as small as C cup since 7th grade.  Having these, and ignoring them, has allowed me to be completely unconcerned about what this medicine or that medicine might do to cause them to be bigger.  D or DD in a T-shirt is just what one would expect.  They are not going to be any more visible at the next cup or two up.

I've been on TRT for 16 years now.   It doesn't appear to have made any difference to my breasts except that I have regrown 50 pounds of previously atrophied muscle and with the muscle restored, my breasts stick out further than ever.  Same thing as happened with the "pushups" the doctors all suggested when I was 13.  My doctor was very careful at keeping serum level at just below the maximum, which made a huge difference in the healing and restoration of my body from decades of breakdown.

My health is too shaky to be any kind of surgery candidate except to save my life.  These breasts, once I got out of school, became basically as nothing.  Only me and the bullies cared about them.  At nudist clubs body-bullies are not popular or tolerated.  Good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024