Author Topic: Are you concerned if anyone can notice your bra  (Read 3157 times)

Busted (and happy)

Personally. I am unashamed. 
I don't flaunt it nor hide it. 
When dressing, the visibility of a bra is no longer a prime consideration.
It does take time to arrive at self acceptance 

Offline gotgyne

Personally. I am unashamed.
I don't flaunt it nor hide it.
When dressing, the visibility of a bra is no longer a prime consideration.
It does take time to arrive at self acceptance
In my opinion self acceptance increases with age. I'm glad that my gynecomastia did not occur at puberty but in my mid-forties. For me it was much easier to accept this condition at that age, especially since my father was a very masculine man and I guess that he had not accepted an adolescent son with such a condition.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 01:22:06 PM by gotgyne »
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline prc7966

• Bronze Member
I gave up caring if anybody noticed quite a while ago. I have books, so I wear a bra. I had to go without last week for several days (due to shoulder and neck pain from work) and I got very sore. Nobody has yet said a thing about it, and I've even had some shoulder and back touches. Either nobody notices or nobody cares. I certainly don't. 

Gino

It's still all so confusing for me as my breasts started to develop just eight months ago :-)

I'm definitely subconscious that people may see and recognize that I have boobs but as far as caring about anyone seeing my bra, I vacillate between caring and not giving a hoot who if anyone knows, but generally I do care more than not. See what I mean about confusing?

At a 36 B/C I definitely prefer unlined styles and do not like padded or push ups because they project too much. For T-shirt wear, the front hook type is more discrete not having the bulk of rear hooks. In south Florida We don't get much cool weather, but when it is cool when wearing a T shirt under a button down shirt with a rear hook bra seems to be pretty discrete. Of course sports bras conceal best as they just look like a wife beater type t-shirt.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 11:13:06 AM by Gino »

Offline taxmapper

Welcome to sexual / gender dysphoria.. 

It is real and it affects many people.   

3-1/2 years ago you would not have caught me dead looking at women's clothing with the singular exception of bike shorts because they had always fit better than any tighty whities, or men's boxers.    

Now I know why. 

As I previously stated, I am no longer purchasing men's jeans, its all women's.    Because they fit!  

Same with bras now and boy shorts.   They fit better! period..     

I too am still a bit off on my personal feelings, but i can honestly say that there are feelings I am having now I didn't before, and long ago gave up on hiding the breasts and now my hips are very slowly but surely filling out the hip portion of the jeans I have purchased.   

At least for me, Ill go with it.  

It will be a tough decision to make, and its entirely your call.   Weigh all options. 

Offline gotgyne

During the last years I came more and more to the conclusion that I am "non-binary". I'm not completely male but also not female. Well, that's it. Now I know what I am and  I can go my way.
John

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
I'm back from a month fishing in Alaska where I have a lodge.  It sleeps 14, and we have a groups of guys who stay there to fish.  I did bring a sports bra and only wore it under thermal underwear and a thick pullover top.  And that wasn't too often.  The weather can change and everyone is in t shirts.  With the washboard roads and potholes, my breasts got a workout.  It's nice to be home and supported.

Confused old man

I would have made them aware of your condition and simply explained to your fishing friends that you need to wear a sports bra. Why suffer? Athletes all over the world wear them. Just like with my friends and family, once I explained to them and educated them on gynecomastia they totally understand. Especially the women. They get it. And for those that are not understanding or critical of me, which no one has said to my face. Who really knows what some are thinking...and I really don’t care what they think. I have totally accepted my boobs..I have to. They are attached to me😂😂😃

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
And I have accepted mine.  We had 42 guests over a month.  That would been a huge educational process.  So far, only my wife, doctor and medical staff know.  I am fine with that.

Offline gotgyne

And I have accepted mine.  We had 42 guests over a month.  That would been a huge educational process.  So far, only my wife, doctor and medical staff know.  I am fine with that.
Hi oldguy,
with 42 guests over a month and not at a single time, education on gynecomastia is really too difficult.:)
As I was a boy and a young man my parents often had about 20 friends as guests for barbecue or at birthdays. But at that time I had no gynecomastia. I just try to imagine if I already had my boobs at that time what the reaction would have been if I had removed my shirt and bra in front of them. Several cries of the women and embarrassed silence of the men would have been the least.
John

Offline SideSet

Once growing up, I was not wearing a bra, but I was swimming at a family outing without a top (like boys do), and my uncle commented loudly so everybody would hear that I needed  to wear a bra. My mother then speculated that my bra cup size was probably the same as hers 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024