Author Topic: 11 months gone !!! -- How long still I have to wait ???  (Read 17885 times)

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
well swelling is a normal reaction so you will most likely see some swelling after about the third week. its just in my case, it never got smaller after the swelling. it just kept growing until i was to my initial size. i did exactly like i was told. wore the compression vest for 3 weeks, massaged the chest regularly and did not exercise for a little more than a month after surgery.

i dont think Fielding did a lousy job on surgery, but i think he may have did a lousy job at assessing the situation prior to surgery. if my case is hormonal i should have never done surgery. so i dont quite understand why he told me that blood tests were not necessary. anyways, i shall wait and see what my doctors say.

for now i dont know much about the revision policy as soon as i know more, i'll let you guys know.
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline Dadadaboom

• Posting Member
Have you guys had hormone levels tested before the surgery?

Im 2 weeks post-op and i have had no bruising or swelling at all, i was expecting to swell at least a bit. But here i am 2 weeks post-op with no swelling or bruising whatsoever. When did you guys start swelling?

I had my testosterone level checked years before, and it was normal. I didn't check my estrogen levels, but I probably should have.

Let me be perfectly clear though, I think I look a lot better now than before the surgery, just not quite as good as I did about 2 months ago.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi Guys:

My after surgery picture looks same as brebguys. I again say, I don't think I have hard gland under the nipple but it's been puffy. And that seems like small breast. Which is good enough reason not to go to beach or swimming with out shirt. Again, when I raise my arm upward, it is totally flat chest but in normal condition, it become large size. So logic is right that it is extra skin that need to be shirnk and to attech to body. But don't know when that going to happen. I am doing weights and other excersise which can help building chest area so bone come out and attech to skin. But don't know that will help or not.

Summer is at the corner and I really wan to enjoy fully first time in my life of 36 years. But it's still a dream. I will wait for another one or two till I contect Dr. Fielding again.

Guys, let's be in the loop to see how it goes from here all all of us who had surgery in last year August/Sept. and see how each and everyone go from here before we point fingure to Dr. JCF.

How's that????
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
alright... so i'm seeying my familly physician tomorrow morning,

and probably the endocrinologist next tuesday. will do the tests and should have the results by the end of the month i guess.

and finally, i have an appointment with Fielding on june 25th cause West Jet is offering incredible reductions on airplane tickets (150$ montreal - toronto - montreal). i  paid more for a 4 hour train ride from montreal to TO... so thats a good one.

will keep you guys posted.

Offline Dadadaboom

• Posting Member
Good luck, Brebguy. I hope the doctors can help you out.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
I'd say after 7 months your chest should be pretty well what final result will look like since the swelling has mostly all gone down.  If you are not happy, you should definitely go back to the doctor and he may recommend another surgery.  Unfortunately, it sucks to have to go through all the BS, risk, swelling, healing and recovery that goes along with surgery.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
SO...
just came back from the endocrinologist. a very old guy and seriously weird. anyways...

he told me that my surgeon was "a moron" for telling me not to do any blood test before surgery. you should always take blood tests before a surgery. you dont even have to see an endocrinologist, but at least ask for a complete blood evaluation (with testosterone and thyroid ...) if something  is wrong then you'll see an endocrinologist.

looking at my chest, the doctor told me: what's wrong with you? he believes that i am not overweight and dont have huge breasts (he then said that he's got more breast than me and that he's ok with it so i should be too)... huh !?!?! well... what can i say about that.

so the guy looks at me from every angle (and i mean EVERY angle), asks a bunch of question about my life, my sex life, sexual orientation, babies or not, familly background and other stuff.

his conclusion : my testicles are normal, my sex life is normal, i'm straight and my boobs are smaller than his so i dont have gynecomastia... (he really said that, with a little laugh)...
anyways, i still have a so few blood tests to do and he says that if ihave a problem, it would be with my thyroid but he doubts it.

i should have the results in about 3 weeks, i'll keep you posted.

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
I'm no doctor but I have to agree with your endocrinologist, I've never heard of a surgeon preforming surgery without blood tests before.  For example, what if someone had aids?  With Lista, I had to go for two full blood tests because the first one had a result that he thought may be suspect.  It ended up fine.  It was a pain in the ass to go do the two blood tests, but it is being done for a reason.  Your health!

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Had mine done with Fielding and no blood work was done.

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
well honestly i dont really see the problem with having aids and surgery. if your doctor did not peform a surgery because the patient had aids, i think there would be a problem. i dont know maybe you have a reason for that but for now i really dont see.

i beilive we are looking for conditions that might cause the body not to heal or cause a bad reaction during surgery...

Fielding told me he never asks his patients to do blood tests. i then talk to a few doctors who actually agree with Fielding saying the surgery is a cosmetic one which makes it minor. i dont agree with that because as we all know, the gynecomastia reduction surgery is not always only cosmetic. which to me makes it less minor and especially important to verify if there are any hormonal problem. so i think its best if you take the tests before ( I should have)

its really not that big of a deal (1 or 2 blood samples) the whole process might take from 30 min to 2 hours (depending on the wait) and your done. if everything is ok, you'll never hear about it. if there is something, you might as well know now...

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hey guys,

Any news Give me Life? it's been 8 months for you now.

For me, it's always the same, my left side is a smaller version of what I had but still look like a breast and I can still feel gland under my nipple. It's very puffy.

My right side is better and I can't really feel gland, but the skin is stil loose so if I bend, it will look like I have a breast too. But the worst side is left.

I had my surgery in November and I'm thinking about seeing Dr Fielding again in the next few months to adress the left side situation since I don't think time will help this side, maybe for the right side but not the left one.

Hope to hear from some of you guys.

Cheers.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi G-Man:

Yes, it's been 8 months now and I don't see any improvment from last few months. Beside that, I feel the size is getting bigger than the smaller. Dr. Fielding told me that my skin will shrink and will look good after 8-9 months. But I don't see that happening. I have lost good weights. So there has been a change in my body.

Same as you, left side is bigger than the right side. Seems like that's been a problem with JCF. Everyone has common concern. Well, but I don't see glan under the nipple for sure. When I raise my both arm, it's perfect 10. Flat chest. I wish I have that in my normal position. I will wait for another 2 months then will contect Dr. JCF.

How about other guys? I remember we were 4-5 guys arround same time who went through Dr. HCF. Wondering about thier position.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
GIVE ME LIFE, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?????  call now and go.  whats the point in waiting 2 more months?

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Hi G-Man:

Yes, it's been 8 months now and I don't see any improvment from last few months. Beside that, I feel the size is getting bigger than the smaller. Dr. Fielding told me that my skin will shrink and will look good after 8-9 months. But I don't see that happening. I have lost good weights. So there has been a change in my body.

Same as you, left side is bigger than the right side. Seems like that's been a problem with JCF. Everyone has common concern. Well, but I don't see glan under the nipple for sure. When I raise my both arm, it's perfect 10. Flat chest. I wish I have that in my normal position. I will wait for another 2 months then will contect Dr. JCF.

How about other guys? I remember we were 4-5 guys arround same time who went through Dr. HCF. Wondering about thier position.

Thanks GmL,

Well, we know for sure that Brebguy is having the same kind of problems as us. I think Chopemoff was another guy who had surgery at that time as well as BC Guy.

I hope they're in better shape than us...

Bye

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024