Author Topic: Duration: Have I passed it?  (Read 2379 times)

Offline nowintheclouds

Like most people here, I've had gynecomastia since 7th grade (13 years old). I am now 18. I have a mild case, only nipple puffiness of about a half inch and a tiny bit of swolleness in the area. As seems to be the case with a lot of the people asking questions, I am in very good shape: I run cross country, but I also do some moderate lifting, so I am thin but with a lot of lean muscle. I have been told, passingly, by doctors during physicals for the past five years that the gynecomastia should go away by the time I'm...16...17...18....but it hasn't. To give a little more description, I am done growing, height-wise, and my voice has settled into a lower key, but my chest hair and beard are still "forming." (I couldn't grow a beard if I tried). I assume I will continue to develop and eventually get some facial hair, but I am worried that I have already passed the point where the swolleness would disappear. So from the knowledge of people who have gone through the same thing, at what point has the "ship sailed" on the "they'll go away in a few years" boat?  Am I past the point where I can still hope for reduction in the swelling?
Thanks for the help, to whoever answers.

hammer

I would guess that your long pass the time of no return! My money would be on surgery, that is if I would spend money on that, but if you would, then that is what you will need to do.

Bob

Offline MrBrown786

• Posting Member
bored of everyone suggesting surgery only as the only solution , for only $500 you know the secret.

Lmfao joking.

Seriously if its been there 3 years its not going to regress on its own.

Nolvadex/tamoxifen citrate 20mg for 3 months no change = surgery
Raoloxfine 60mg for 4 weeks 60mg per day no change = surgery
Letrozole 2.5mg for 1 month no change = surgery but not recommended due to side effects.

most experience older users will brush off my suggestions as they missed the chance or didnt know the uses of these drugs. They can be obtained through your Doctor or other places :D.

They can shrink the gland to a non noticable degress or only a little bit but its much cheaper than surgery and why not try? Raloxifene is the most sucessfull. Letrozole is primary a pct for AAS.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry, but self treating yourself with a variety of medications is not the answer.  Once your breast tissue is established (you have had it since age 13), it will not disappear with any type of drugs.  Just think, if drugs could cure gyne, then everyone on the internet would know about it.

If you have had stable gyne for a number of years, then your choice is to live with it or have surgery.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024