Author Topic: Finasteride gyne or pseudo?  (Read 8822 times)

Offline Nakle

• Posting Member
Hi all, I used finasteride three years ago for about 8 months. Since stopping I got a some chest growth with slight puffy nipples,aswell as extra bodyfat.I just can't rid of it whatever i do.
Do you think this could be gyne? how bad is it? or is just pseudo?

I do have high estradiol,  65pg/ml but doctors here in Italy say It's normal a no one will treat me.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 10:57:40 AM by Nakle »

Offline oldspice

• Silver Member
dude get off the forums your chest is fine, if i were you i would be hitting the gym 3-5 days a week, trying to put some weight/mass on. work out bro your fine, trust me.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
I agree with other posts

Offline Nakle

• Posting Member
Here's a better picture.. My nipples sure was not like this before taking finasteride. I know it's no major case but it's still pretty annoying.My estradiol levels are high too         

« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 06:40:21 AM by Nakle »

Offline Nakle

• Posting Member
So you think I have nothing to worry about.. I certainly notice a big difference before taking propecia.Sorry to insist so much but I still can't consider my chest as normal :(

Offline Nakle

• Posting Member
Anymore thoughts on my case? you are all welcome

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 you took steroids, where did the muscle go?  your chest look  fine, I think  some  steak/ potatos and    some gym time  you  will be  fit as a fiddle....
 no gyne in my limited knowledge of it

Offline Nakle

• Posting Member
you took steroids, where did the muscle go?  your chest look  fine, I think  some  steak/ potatos and    some gym time  you  will be  fit as a fiddle....
 no gyne in my limited knowledge of it

Not quite, Finasteride is used for male pattern baldness or prostate cancer. It's not a steroid compound.

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
I think u have gyne.

Offline Nakle

• Posting Member
Nothing is visible until you force it like in the new pics - then your belly comes out even further anyway.

I wouldn't worry about it at all, unless you go around posing like that!

sorry it was the only way to get lined and click the mouse for the foto :D

Offline Nakle

• Posting Member
If it's not gyne it's surely estrogen induced fat.It doesn't seem to come off how hard I excercise: 2 years swimming and running and restrict diet.This is the price I have to pay for messing around with propecia along with other sides

Don't make the same mistake!

Offline steve172

• Posting Member
Hi Nakle,

I also have fin induced (something very simmilar to you).

I am still on 0.33mg / day fin, i think problem was from when i was on 1.25 mg / day.

I tried tamoxifen which if anything made it temporarily worse. (which others inform me may point to the fact that prolactin rather than oestradiol is the culprit).

now trying Arimidex again (0.5 mg 2x per week) which seems to be doing something. Did / do you have lowered libido also?

you may want to give it a go, but should probably check with ya doc first.

my blood work shows
oestradiol - 170 pmol/L (50-220)
prolactin - 265 mIU/L (0-500)

these are apparently normal although in some countries 170 oestradiol would be considered high. I dont know what the exact conversion is but am pretty sure that your 65 pg/ml is higher again, so Arimidex may help.

Other than that, start pumping the arms shoulders and possibly upper / inner chest (not lower), should reduce the appearance.

cheers,

Steve

Offline Nakle

• Posting Member
[these are apparently normal although in some countries 170 oestradiol would be considered high. I dont know what the exact conversion is but am pretty sure that your 65 pg/ml is higher again, so Arimidex may help.

that's exactly what I thought, I've been seeing several endo's here in Italy and none of them has managed to give me any help,saying it's a perfectly normal value(wtf?).As I said I wasn't like this before taking fina..Yes I have lowered libido aswell could this be due to e2? my testosterone is ok 630-
I hope to find someone who's gonna take this more seriously and maybe try my on arimidex(i hope that I don't have to search too long).No majour case but definetly concerning for me.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:22:43 AM by Nakle »

Offline steve172

• Posting Member
You need to find a better endo.

I think that 65 pg/ml = 237 pmol/L...which is outside the normal range max of 220

how long have you been off the fin for and when was your blood test (i.e. was fin still effecting the results?)...could be another reason.

high oestradiol deffinately lowers libido

Hope it all goes well for you

Steve

Offline 40dd8850

• Posting Member
its not hard to figure out if its gyne or not... if its gyne when you feel your chest it should feel like a mass of little pebbles stuck together...... and if you get confused feel through the nipple part not the regular skin... its really easy to feel it that way.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024