Author Topic: I know I have Gyno, I'm just curious how severe my case is.  (Read 8420 times)

Offline this_guy

• Posting Member
Hi, I'm 25 years old, and I have lived with gynecomastia since I was about 12 years old. Although its only been in recent years (about 2) that I have known what it was. Its always been a source of extreme shame for me, and I am just now getting enough info together to figure out what to do about it. I would say I was "fat", but I'm for sure not in peak condition either...lol. I'm 6' 230 pounds. I have a pretty large bone structure.  So I have included some pictures (maybe, if I can figure out how to post them :) I would like to know what all I can do to get rid of this, I'm going to the beach with my new girlfriend in June, and I would really really like to be able to take this shirt off. I cant afford surgery, so I'm wondering about some of the other methods. Such as this 'diet aid of questionable value' stuff. (spelling) Also, is my case a case where lots of exercise can cure it? Any help would mean the world, thank you.

*REVISED*

Image problem resolved...

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 10:11:04 PM by this_guy »

Offline emjay

• Posting Member
Your case was similar to mine, but your a little bit of a larger guy to begin with (I am 5"11"/185).  I just had surgery ~2 weeks ago.  It seems that it is the only way.  Losing weight could certainly help reduce it some, but you probably won't get rid of it without surgery.

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
  • There is life after Gynecomastia
I went to two docs for consultation before I had my surgery on yesterday. One of them bluntly stated that I will always have gyne unless I have surgery. I cannot see your pics for some reason, but that's what I have to say.

Whew, like I said, I had surgery yesterday and that hydrocodone they gave me for pain is working lmao lol  ::) ;D :D :P
Here's my doc's web page: drmoliver.com

GynO_DuDe

Definitely a handful in each to be taken out buddy ...

I'd rate it 7/10 on the Gyne scale.

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
  • There is life after Gynecomastia
Okay, I can see the pics now. Yup, you got it. I'm not good at rating, so I won't, but I will say I've seen bigger.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
I'd rate it at 8 personnally, but this is my opinion.

Offline this_guy

• Posting Member
Im just curious what surgery could even do for me. Could it make me look normal, or just make me look better? Also, is exercise out of the question as a means of getting rid of it? Im thinking of getting a bow flex from a friend, he is selling it for 500, way cheapier than surgery.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
You should get fit and lose weight for your health anyway, so go ahead and do that. Losing weight will make it look better, but I doubt it will go away as you likely have some glandular tissue there.

Offline this_guy

• Posting Member
So any Doc's looking for a sweet pro bono case, im your man :D

Offline Superfred

• Posting Member
So any Doc's looking for a sweet pro bono case, im your man :D

I believe pro bono would apply more to a lawsuit than medical. Doctors want the cash up front, they are not dumb.

I would say your gyno is pretty noticeable... pointed breasts going on here...

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
severe, 6-7 only because bad as it is, and it's bad, there are actually cases way beyond it. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline this_guy

• Posting Member
Well, surgery for me is as far away as the moon. i just dont have the money, not with two kids. So how far could a work out take me? Has anyone here with gyne used a bowflex? Can it reduce it enough to where its not so obvious?

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Well, surgery for me is as far away as the moon. i just dont have the money, not with two kids. So how far could a work out take me? Has anyone here with gyne used a bowflex? Can it reduce it enough to where its not so obvious?

Bowflex is nothing magic, any good exercise and eating plan will help with body composition. I am sure losing weight will make it look "better", it almost always seems to. I doubt it will all go away, but you can always improve your appearance by losing some fat and building some muscle.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
exercise won't do anything for a fix, it'll help you in general, but in some cases it could offset it worse unless you build up above it. 

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
Get the exercise equipment AND start saving for the surgery. Once you are in great shape, you will be able to see that the left behind tissue is glandular and then see a PS. Compared to the price of surgery, $100-150 for a consult is a drop in the bucket and will let you know what to expect.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024