Author Topic: Going to surgery in one month!  (Read 15089 times)

Offline scandinavian

• Bronze Member
Today I got a letter from the local hospital. It said that my surgery will take place february 26th.

Now I'm happy, relieved and a bit nervous at the same time. "What if" seems to be the biggest question in my head. What if the surgery goes bad? Damn.. I was so sure about all this few months ago! I believe that it's gonna be just fine and that this feeling will go away.

I registered to this board in april '07 and now I'm just one month away from the grande finale! That's fast, right? ;)

My surgery costs me 72 euros (about $104) thanks to our great healthcare system!

That's all for now..

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Hello mate! I assume you're swedish. Where are you getting your surgery?

Regards, Ryan.

Offline scandinavian

• Bronze Member
Hi there! I'm actually Finnish and I'm having my surgery done next tuesday in a local hospital. What kind of healthcare system do you have in Sweden?

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Hi there! I'm actually Finnish and I'm having my surgery done next tuesday in a local hospital. What kind of healthcare system do you have in Sweden?

Nice =). I assume its pretty much the same as in finland. Let me know how it goes ;)

Regards, Ryan.

Offline scandinavian

• Bronze Member
Well isn't this just my f'n luck. Less than four days before the surgery I got Angina and my doctor said that the operation won't be done next tuesday. So they scheduled a new surgery date for me.. 6th of may???? What the F, really? Without a chance to get the operation done earlier. Now I have to go to a private clinic. It was supposed to be 70 euros, but now at the private clinic it's over 3000 euros, but I'm NOT gonna waste yet another summer just like that. As soon as I'm done with this angina, I'm going to schedule a new operation day and get the surgery done in two weeks. Tough luck, but gladly I couldn't care less about the new price even though I don't have the money and have to go to the bank to get a loan for it. Maybe this is for the better, although it doesn't feel like that now! :/

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Wtf? They sent you over to a private clinic, just like that? They have no right to do that man. Stand up for your rights!

Offline scandinavian

• Bronze Member
Wtf? They sent you over to a private clinic, just like that? They have no right to do that man. Stand up for your rights!

Nah, they didn't send me there, I made that decision by myself, because otherwise the operation would have been too close to the summer and no good for me this year.

Anyways I'm feeling much better today and still looking forward to my surgery :)

Offline scandinavian

• Bronze Member
15 hours and counting..  :-X

Offline scandinavian

• Bronze Member
Now it's done! I've been about 6 hours post op and no pain so far. I'll post more later on, maybe tomorrow! :)

Offline scandinavian

• Bronze Member
Almost two days post op and feeling great!! Almost no bruises and no pain at all. I took my vest off yesterday and I gotta say that my chest looks great!!! I'll try to post some pics today.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member

Offline scandinavian

• Bronze Member

Offline scandinavian

• Bronze Member
And these are few days pre-op

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Awesome man. Barely any swelling or brusing.

Offline scandinavian

• Bronze Member
Awesome man. Barely any swelling or brusing.

Thanks!! Yeah, I'm a bit amazed on the results so far.. I have to say that my surgeon is really good at what she does! :) I stopped taking painkillers today and still no pain!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024