Author Topic: Gyne or Fat???  (Read 5609 times)

Offline blarg

• Posting Member
So i've had these for a while now.. i'd say since I was like 12, so around 10 years now. I always thought it was fat until a few years ago. I'm overweight (5'11 270lbs), but I think that really I've gotten overweight because of my gyne if it is that. because i'd always be too ashamed to work out with them floppin around lol. anyways, i want to get surgery, but thought maybe some of you can look at these and see if i just need to stick with a work out fat burning plan, which i've started on now, or get the surgery. i probably got some hormone imbalances too because i always had some weird stuff happening to my body in highschool, like random hairloss and then regrowth (alopecia), thick scaly skin growing around my eyes, etc etc. also, may be hereditary, I'm not entirely sure though. anyways, here's the pics. Sorry, took it with my phone's camera, so it sucks with lighting and quality, but I think you can still tell.

Offline Hellboy

• Bronze Member

Offline bling

• Bronze Member
 both but first try to loose weight if u can then go to surgery i think u will get better results

Offline baron

• Bronze Member
Both.
Go walking, then eventually jogging 3-4 times a week. If anyone wants to laugh at you of your chest, tell them to shut up and bugger off, at least you're doing something about it.

This and a change of diet should help you lose some weight, then surgery should bring much better results IMO

Offline RickWalia

• Posting Member
hey ur looks real similar to mine  :o im trying to lose weight  and prehaps think about surgery later im only 16 

are you indian ffrom india?

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
  • Seize the day! Be free of your burden...
You are pretty much the same as I had (like an 8 or a 9)... I was overweight too. I went on low-carb and exercise and lost all the weight to make the surgery that much easier. When I lost the weight, a lot of the fat mass of the breasts went away too (dropped to like a 6-7) but it was obviously still there, but much much easier for my surgeon to work on now since it was more clear where the fat vs where the glands were.

Cases like our will require both lipo and COMPLETE excision and will leave a larger crater in the beginning because more is being taken out. But don't worry about that, your body will fill that in over time. I'm about 7 weeks post op and everything is going well. The craters are slowly going away just like my surgeon said.

Good luck! Keep us updated!
Triple Surgery done in Chandigarh, India (Jan 10, 2008):
1. Gynecomastia Surgery (simultaneously with #2)
2. Tonsillectomy
3. Septoplasty (5 days after #1 and 2)

3 lifelong problems wiped out in a flash of knives... Now recovering and excited beyond belief. :)

Offline blarg

• Posting Member
Thanks guys, good to know theres others out there. yea i'm indian, i've had a big chest for a while, wish i could turn back time and work out more then, mightve been preventable or at least easier to deal with. I'm going to start the low carb high protein diet, and do some incline bench / decline pushups to try and fill out my upper chest to lift it up a little, and do some jogging and use an elliptical machine (easier on the knees and ankles). i asked bout surgery in my city, and its like 5,500. so i'll have to see about that when i graduate in a couple years and get some money from work. thanks again guys.

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
yeah, i'm indian too... it's a very predominant condition in indians unfortunately. where are you? i'm assuming the US since you quoted 5500... i''m from cali, but went to chandigarh to get the surgery done for much less.

Offline blarg

• Posting Member
I'm in NY. How much cheaper is it there? Do you really trust the doctors there? I wouldn't mind going there if I could find a reliable doctor :). Did you end up staying there for a while then after your surgery, cuz I'm assuming you cant travel right after getting it. Anyways, I need to cut off as much fat as possible though before surgery, so I'd say I got about 6-8 months to lose as much as possible and then get under the knife. How long did it take you to lose your fat? Appreciate the help man.

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
I'm in NY. How much cheaper is it there? Do you really trust the doctors there? I wouldn't mind going there if I could find a reliable doctor :). Did you end up staying there for a while then after your surgery, cuz I'm assuming you cant travel right after getting it. Anyways, I need to cut off as much fat as possible though before surgery, so I'd say I got about 6-8 months to lose as much as possible and then get under the knife. How long did it take you to lose your fat? Appreciate the help man.

How much cheaper? A ton. Haha... you know that's a common 'myth' that everyone has, including me before I completely thought about it. Indian doctors are some of the most serious when it comes to medicine and hence they are very, very good actually. It's just that whole stigma of 'going to another country' for something so vital. But I did my complete and thorough research first and chose my surgeon carefully. In my opinion, Dr. V.D. Singh in Chandigarh had the best portfolio of gynecomastia surgeries in India that I could find, had the most high-end credentials, and coincidentally was also the most helpful over the phone.

I'm about 7 weeks post-op and loving it. He did a fine job on me, I'm ridiculously happy. It cost me about $1400-1500 dollars or so. And the plane ticket was about $1000. Then the train ride up was about $100. The hotels, food, blood lab are all right there in the same complex. Chandigarh is very cool like that.

He only needs to see you for about 5-7 days after. The operation went smooth, no discomfort. Hardly any pain at all after either. Hardly any visible bruising.  I had to stay almost 3 weeks because I had my tonsils taken out at the same time (!) and also had a nose operation done 5 days after, haha. (All together, all three cost me only $2500 and both surgeons were highly credentialed); also because I went with family to visit our village too, and we had a lot of traveling to do.

Seems your situation is really close to mine. I started dieting in April of last year, and I lost roughly 60 pounds before I went to India in January of this year. So that was all just from low-carb. No exercising. I imagine I could have lost way more if I had exercised at all too. I am now though, to get ready for summer and show off the chest!

Like I told another guy, just private message me if you want his contact info.

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
9wolf,

How much weight did you lose?

Did you get your weight as low as you wanted to before surgery?

I am 5-11 210, muscular, but with some weight to lose.  15more would be great, I am down about 40 already.

Just wondering how you decided when the best time to get the surgery was within you weight loss plan.  I am itching to get it done ASAP because the summer is coming, but don't want to rush into it if losing those last 15 will make a big difference.

I have a consult this week so I will have the docs opinion soon.

Thanks

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
9wolf,

How much weight did you lose?

Did you get your weight as low as you wanted to before surgery?

I am 5-11 210, muscular, but with some weight to lose.  15more would be great, I am down about 40 already.

Just wondering how you decided when the best time to get the surgery was within you weight loss plan.  I am itching to get it done ASAP because the summer is coming, but don't want to rush into it if losing those last 15 will make a big difference.

I have a consult this week so I will have the docs opinion soon.

Thanks

I'm 5'10 and I lost about 60 pounds... went from 225 to under 170.

I wanted to lose as much as I could around the chest and around the sides of the chest. So that the breasts would be more defined rather than lost in the surrounding fat. I started to diet in April (thinking I would be going either in December or January) because I knew I had a lot to lose. But yeah, I had been 175 before so I set that as a goal and actually surpassed it so I was happy about that. I knew I could lose about 10 pounds a month if I pushed it. All this was without any exercise.

So I guess you should base your planning on:

1) how much fat you have around your chest and sides, if those last 15 pounds will thin you out there I would lose it; and...

2) just remember that you won't be able to enjoy 'summer' for at a minimum of 6 weeks after surgery!!! You have to wear a compression belt or vest for pretty much 23 hours a day so you won't be able to go shirtless anyways, and it will be hot under there... so make sure you plan out your post-op recovery plan with your doctor before surgery so you can plan your time.

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
Great info.

I, like you, lose about 10lbs/month with exercise and lots of weights.

So....I am looking at about 6 weeks to lose the last 15, then surgery in late April or early May.  Hoping to take my shirt off on our family beach vacation the last week of July.

At least that is my dream.

Offline 9Wolf

• Bronze Member
Great info.

I, like you, lose about 10lbs/month with exercise and lots of weights.

So....I am looking at about 6 weeks to lose the last 15, then surgery in late April or early May.  Hoping to take my shirt off on our family beach vacation the last week of July.

At least that is my dream.

That's a great goal to plan for! The beach... I used to only go at nights (as an excuse that I would get darker during the day) and never during the day. Can't wait to see what that finally feels like!

A question, how severe is your case? Because the only thing after the first 6 weeks will be any 'visual' healing that could take 3-6 months. The less severe your case, the sooner that everything will 'look' fine. Mine was a pretty severe case, so even though I'm past the first 6, I still have a little bit of loose skin and thus I wear a stage 2 vest, and my chest is still a little darker skinned around the old breast area. Everything is flat and healed, but kinda looks 'different' still... not a problem for a t-shirt or tank-top, but I still have some time before I'll feel comfortable to go completely 'topless'. :)

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
I do have a pretty severe case.  I would say about a 7 or 8.

I think I have seen enough before and after pictures to know that I will not look perfect, and certainly not great even this summer.  But being 39 years old (40 soon), and having lived with substantial gyno my entire life I am comfortable believing I will be thrilled with a 90% or even 80% improvement.  I want, but don't need, perfection.

Many people on this board are under 25yrs old, and I encourage and applaud them for getting treatment.  At that age boys are much more in self conscious and the teasing can be unbearable.  What I am trying to say is at my age I am just looking to feel better, not perfect.  I am married with 2 kids, just want to take my shirt off and jump in the ocean with them.  Not trying to make a calendar.

That being said I do want the best results I can get. That is why I am striving to lose as much weight as I can and add some lean muscle.  Also being a little older I can afford a good surgeon, maybe that will translate into some better results too.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024