Author Topic: My Photos (Over here, Dr. Pope!)  (Read 5883 times)

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
Ok, I'm 15 years old, been living with this for many years now. These pictures are not very good BECAUSE it is pretty cold in my house. Lol! So these pictures are actually when my chest looks its best. How it looks normally is with puffy nips, so it is much worse than this normally. If my chest always looked like this, I wouldnt be here right now.

Also, I was one of the lucky ones that was BLESSED with back and chest acne along with my misshapen chest. Double-whammy, eh? I'm working desperately to get both of those things taken care of. My goal is to just be able to go to the beach without having to worry. I live about a half mile from the beach and have never gone because of my condition.

SO LIKE I SAID, THESE PICTURES ARE WHAT I LOOK LIKE ON A GOOD DAY. My nips protrude 3/4 inch or so normally. Rate, comment if you want.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/quietriot633/DSC01288.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/quietriot633/DSC01284.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/quietriot633/DSC01276.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/quietriot633/DSC01275.jpg

Also, I have a question. I've always been kind of self conscious about my weight/shape (probably because of my gynecomastia). If you saw me on the street, do you think you'd put me in the category of good, bad, or average shape?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 01:00:02 AM by CodySockeye »

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
I feel for you, genuinely, I have the same thing, although I've only had it for about a year, but possibly to a slightly lesser extent. I'm 16 btw.

I too have not been swimming in this year long period, because of how i look.

I've just done lots of exercise, and working out,  in the hope of gaining a better overall physique. I reccomend you do the same, although it's not sensible to starve yourself or undergo massive weight loss.

How long have you had it? If you've had it for less than 2 years, theres a reasonable chance it will go away on its own. Also, given your age, its possible that it will go away on its own. This is known as pubertal gynecomastia. Keep up the positive thinking, its important not to hate yourself, however hard it may be.

Offline what2do?

• Silver Member
it looks like you have "mild" case, if you want a rating i would rate yours 3.5/10.. urs is similar to mine actually.. otherwise you look like you're in pretty good shape, not overweight or anything.. it ultimately comes down to how YOU feel about it.

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
6+ years now. Doubt it's goin away, bro. this has been with me for as long as I can remember, and the first teasing started back in 4th grade!

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
 Id go see you doc about your hormones. The gyno isnt that bad but your 15 in puberty and you have a pretty bad case of chest accne myabe theres something hormone wise that would help slow or stop the gyno from growing any further

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
My hormones were fine when I got them checked last year. The acne started on my chest about 3 years ago and has been getting steadily worse ever since, with or without treatment. I'm on panoxyl now, and i'm hoping it will do something. I just really got the short straw as far as what I look like under the shirt. lol!

Oh, also, don't get any ideas about this being marijuana induced. I know that the Bob Marley avatar is really tempting you to say something, but fear not. I've never smoked in my life. No drinking either...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:58:22 PM by CodySockeye »

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Cody,

In absence of a hormonal problem, you certainly look like someone who would benefit from surgery.  You've had this for several years with no real improvement.  You would benefit from a little weight loss, but you don't really look particularly heavy.  You should talk with your mom about this situation and she if she is supportive.  As a minor, you would need her permission for even an office consultation.

How about the acne?  Any improvement with the Panoxyl treatment?  Have you been considered by a dermatologist for Accutane treatment?

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
The Panoxyl, if anything, is making me break out more. I want to get to a derm and talk about Accutane ASAP, but again, I'm having nothing except a hard time.

As far as losing weight, I am about 5'8 and 158lbs. I'm in the process of getting in better shape, not necesarily "weight loss". I'm aware I have a little extra baggage and I'm workin' on it  ;)

Thanks for the input everyone, keep it comin!

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member
Myabe the ganja contributed a bit but more likely just puberty and other stuff im no doctor though. I smoked chronic up where I live in canada where its much stronger then the states and I did that for 6 years almost everyday and I wouldnt place the blame on it anyway.

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
Myabe the ganja contributed a bit but more likely just puberty and other stuff im no doctor though. I smoked chronic up where I live in canada where its much stronger then the states and I did that for 6 years almost everyday and I wouldnt place the blame on it anyway.

But I never smoked pot, bro.

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
lol nobody's listening to you!

i think you would look all round better if you had more muscle definition. You should start working out, all that 'weights stunt your growth' stuff is nonsense. Just dont do legs, focus on the chest and arms, and drink pleanty of milk for your bones (slightly off-topic but ye)

And whats this about alcohol?? i had no idea alcohol was linked to gyno. I've had weed a few times, but i drink a lot. some weekends i have as much as 30 units of alcohol.

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
Alcohol supposedly doesn't have anything to do with gyno, but I'm just saying that I've never drank. I'm only 15! lol

And I'm deffinitley gonna start working out more. I just haven't had the time lately. I'd love to get some stomach definition. My legs are already freaking loaded with muscle, so I dont need to bother with them ;)

I've done a mile in 5:38 before, peak physical condition. haha, tells ya a bit about my legs seeing as i'm not very defined upstairs

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
i just feel a lot better about myself knowing that I have some decent muscle definition.

A bit off topic here, but here's what I recommend (What i do myself)

Bench Press - It's up to you how much bench press you do, because this increases the overall size of the pectoral. Some say this pushes out the gynecomastia further, but I do it because the gain in size draws attention away from the puffy bit.

Pectoral Fly - This gives you a sort of line between the pecs, I do it a lot. Very positive effects for the gyno.

Dips - This also rips the line in between pecs as well as triceps.

Crunches and Abs - Nice to have a 6-pack, and it draws attention away from puffies.

Shoulders and Arms - Do bicep curls, tricep exercises, anything that frames the body, drawing attention away even more. Better overall look.

Eat lots of tuna (v. high protien and v. low calories), chicken, steak, eggs etc.

Drink lots of milk too.

Hope this helps.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Just a little note... If you are not planning on getting surgery anytime soon, I'd be very careful with doing chest exercises.  Building up your chest will only push out your gyne further and make it look a lot worse with a shirt on.  Without a shirt, there will be some more shape to your chest and it will probably look pretty decent if you are looking at it from the front, but as soon as you turn to the side it's really easy to tell how much your puffs stick out.  I gained 2 inches in my chest in the past year, but my gyne looks worse than it ever did.  I'm getting surgery in a month though, so I know the muscle under all this gland and fat will soon be visible.  Good luck man.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
And whats this about alcohol?? i had no idea alcohol was linked to gyno.

i drink a lot. some weekends i have as much as 30 units of alcohol.

Please read this....

Alcohol and Hormones

"In men, reproductive hormones are responsible for sexual maturation, sperm development and thus fertility, and various aspects of male sexual behavior. In women, hormones promote the development of secondary sexual characteristics, such as breast development and distribution of body hair; regulate the menstrual cycle; and are necessary to maintain pregnancy. Chronic heavy drinking can interfere with all these functions. Its most severe consequences in both men and women include inadequate functioning of the testes and ovaries, resulting in hormonal deficiencies, sexual dysfunction, and infertility (5,6).

Alcohol is directly toxic to the testes, causing reduced testosterone levels in men. In a study of normal healthy men who received alcohol for 4 weeks, testosterone levels declined after only 5 days and continued to fall throughout the study period (17). Prolonged testosterone deficiency may contribute to a "femininization" of male sexual characteristics, for example breast enlargement.

So... if you drink alcohol, do so in moderation...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024