Author Topic: Hormone imbalance gyne  (Read 4443 times)

Offline Prolactinoma

• Posting Member
Hi all,

Currently seeking surgery on the NHS - going for a scan to check whether it's breast tissue (in which case can have operation free) or not (in which case i'll pay to go private - most probably Jesus Benito).

My gyne came about due to a prolactinoma which has caused a hormone imbalance. My testosterone is low and prolactin was 20 times over the normal limit - but due to meds is now about 15 time over normal and lowering. I am hoping it will resolve itself but if not surgery is the only way i think.

I would like lipo/excision (if needed) and also an areola reduction and am hoping I can get this for around £3000. Could someone please comment on how bad it looks at the moment? Currently I wont wear any colour other than black or very dark navy. I hate my moobs!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26064027@N07/

Offline jtd993

• Posting Member
Looks like breast tissue to me, giving the puffy cone-shape.  If I were you I'd skip the areolar reduction- they will shrink post op.  The breast tissue there now really stretches them out.  Think grape vs raisin :)

Offline Prolactinoma

• Posting Member
something I never thought i'd say but could people please rate my gyne?

Also whether they think it would be a simple correction or could see any complications?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
On a 1-10 scale... 3.

jtd993 is right... your areolas will probably shrink considerably post-op.

Complications... we can't predict the future dude. However, if you are in relatively good health, chances are good that you won't endure any anomalies...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Prolactinoma

• Posting Member
Would appreciate more comments please....

RE: complications i guess my main concern is how will there not be loose skin/strechmarks left? is there anything i can do to prepare to help the elasticity of my skin while i wait for my hormones to balance?

Offline Prolactinoma

• Posting Member
Hi does anyone have any advice re skin elasticity.

It's so annoying having to wait for hormones to normalize - i wish i could just book the surgery now.

I think in the meantime I will try to shift a few pounds and build some muscle, which unfortunately is not so easy with hormones out of whack.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Your case isn't that bad so your skin will naturally contour itself to your new chest.  The only people that have issues with skin elasticity seem to be the ones with very serious cases or those that are very overweight at the time of surgery.  I don't think you will have anything to worry about. 

Offline Prolactinoma

• Posting Member
Had a ultrasound on my chest (moobs!) today. Very embarrassing. It seems this is something women normally have so basically a couple of trainee nurse must have decided it would be fun to sit in. So there were three female nurses (two junior) and the person giving the scan. Oh well at least i didnt know any of them!

Will keep you all posted on my progress with the NHS and also my weight loss since I cant have surgery till my hormones normalise. Will post pics when I have lost a few more kilos.

Offline matson

• Posting Member
I'm sorry you have to go through all this bro. On a scale from 1 to 10,10 being the worst you are about a 5. Have you herad of a drug called nolvadex?? It blocks estrogen from your chest and might reverse the gyeno, if you haven't had it for very long. Otherwise surgery is nessisary. I have a very simlar case. Atleast you have a lot of chest hair, if you didn't it would look ten times worse.

Later :-\

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024