Author Topic: 27 y.o. - Do I have Gyne??  (Read 2360 times)

Offline erwy77

Hi.  Myself and others have always noticed that my chest protrudes a bit, and it's especially noticeable when I'm just wearing a T-shirt.  I didn't know about gyne until I came across this website one day.  I've recently gotten my waist down to 32 inches, but losing weight doesn't seem to change my chest much. 

Can you tell if I have gyne and recommend any steps I should take?  Thanks!

Offline sergeantpepper

• Bronze Member
I don't think you look bad. Does it feel like fat? It kind of looks like your body structure just protrudes the chest slightly. I think you look normal though and maybe you should start doing some chest excersizes and see if that helps. But i wouldnt worry about it

Offline erwy77

Hi.  Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure if it's fat or perhaps breast tissue.  There is something there, however, and it is more moveable and bouncy than what I think is normal or average.  Whatever it is seems to deceive people into thinking my chest is more muscular than it actually is, but it's actually soft. 

For example, when I jump or run, I can feel my chest bounce up and down.   It's always been this way, so I'm not sure how it is for the average guy.  It just seems like there's more "matter" up there than there should be.  And I feel very self-conscious when I wear T-shirts or polo shirts.  My friends and family have commented on the way it looks, so I know people notice it.

I will try the exercises as you suggested.

jb

It is about time I started posting more on this site. I have lurking for a very long time. It would appear to me that you look absolutely normal. I am curious what others, more experienced then I, will say about your state of being, as your chest looks a lot like mine. I remember an episode of Seinfeld that centered on Gynecomastia. Anyone else remember that one?
In closing, I have been making myself crazy about this, comparing myself to every other male chest I see. It would seem that all males have a touch of gynecostia, but a segment of the population (us) choose to fixate on it. While it is true many have a real reason to fixate, most are simply overly conscious as a result of focussing too much on their imperfections.
Sorry if I have offended anyone.
Again, you do look fine to me Erwy. Enjoy the beach.

Offline erwy77

Thanks to all who've replied.

Jb, in reply to what you said, I too was lurking on this site for quite a while before I finally posted this.  I don't want to come across as shallow for being worried over what everyone here has deemed to be absolutely nothing to be concerned about, but the fact that I've received so many comments from friends and family about the appearance of my chest really has caused me a lot of anxiety over the issue.

I worked at a restaurant for several years and knew my managers and coworkers really well.  A couple people at work made comments to the effect of I was going to need a bra, etc., etc.   And then another time, I was wearing a T-shirt once to a local fair that I went to with my brother, and he made a comment about the size of my chest.  As you can imagine, it's all I could think about the whole time I was there.  And I know that these are people who probably meant well, but they were comments I didn't like to hear.  I mean, not only are they a self-esteem killer, but they're a direct attack to a guy's masculinity as well.

And I do compare myself to other guys, and it seems that most others are near totally flat-chested.  And I just think it's ridiculous that any 27 y.o. guy should feel uncomfortable wearing something as normal as a T-shirt in public.

My heart goes out to those with legitimate cases of gynecomastia who post on this site.  I definitely have a little better understanding of what you go through.  I wish you all well.

jb

What part of the country do you live in that men are flat chested? Sometimes I start to wonder if gynecomastia is just not something thought up by the medical community, a conspiracy theory of sorts, to prey upon a certain segment of the population to sell them an expensive cosmetic surgery.
Chock it up to odd coincidence that those people said those things to you. Not only was it rude and out of line but from what I can see not true.
If you look at anything long enough, it is going to look odd to you.
Next time someone says something like that to you you might make them self conscious with a remark about their "big head or nose" or horrific halitosis. Or simply tell them to go f themselves. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024