Author Topic: Differences between Dr. Jacobs and Dr. Bermant?  (Read 2267 times)

Offline kirribilli

• Posting Member
NYC is more convenient (and fun) for me in S.Fla. But do they have different procedures? One better with older patients than the other? One have an anesthesiologist in the room while operating? One have a batter, dare I say it, mortality rate than the other? One have a shorting waiting list? (Money not a concern unless it is a substantial difference.)

By any remote chance is there a doc in South Florida that is in this league?

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
I don't know Bermant, but I will give you the lowdown on Jacobs.  I am 40yrs old, bad G, and 10 weeks post op with Dr. J.

He uses twilight anesthesia.  Procedure done in his office.  His waiting list (at least when I booked) was 4 weeks out.

Dr. J uses a lipo tool specifically designed for G surgery.  It is a heavy duty gizmo with sharp ends that help break up gland tissue. Using this he hopes to get the tissue out without having to cut around the nipple.  By his own admission, even with this tool, he still has to cut in about half the cases.

I highly recommend him, not cheap, I paid $7900.   Very good follow up, patient, detailed, professional all around.  Best of all he will tell you straight out what you can expect.

As for Florida, I only heard of Pope in Orlando.  He posts here regularly though I don't recall any of his patients doing so.  He seems to know his stuff, I would have a consult with him if I were you.

Offline kirribilli

• Posting Member
I'm curious: In the 50 percent of cases, where Dr. Jacobs still has to cut gland (I presume via a change in course incision), are you still under twilight sedation? I thought you had to get bumped up to general anesthesia to cut out gland via incision.

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
Nope.

He cut me and I was under twilight.

FYI, my nipple scars from the incision are not the least bit noticeable.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024