Author Topic: Need a good recommendation for surgery  (Read 2550 times)

Offline GrandMstrBud

• Bronze Member
I don't have a lot of money to spend on this but I can not take this anymore. I am 33 years old and I can not afford to spend 10K on surgery. My budget would be 4K or less. Is there a good surgeon that I can go to that has the experience to perform this? I have had this my whole life and I've had enough of it. I was on vacation last week and my son is an only child so far and he had to swim in the pool and at the beach by himself. It just killed me not to be able to go in and have fun with him and even though he is almost a teenager he would not understand. My wife thinks it's no big deal but I do and it sucks to have to watch the entire family out having fun while I sit and watch. I have the time off available so a trip for this surgery out of town is also an option. It seems no mater what I try I can not loose any weight and I've been in a gym for a year and they seemed to have got a bit bigger but that's it. I do have a beer gut and love handles so getting rid of those would be nice also. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone

DrBermant

I don't have a lot of money to spend on this but I can not take this anymore. I am 33 years old and I can not afford to spend 10K on surgery. My budget would be 4K or less. Is there a good surgeon that I can go to that has the experience to perform this? I have had this my whole life and I've had enough of it. I was on vacation last week and my son is an only child so far and he had to swim in the pool and at the beach by himself. It just killed me not to be able to go in and have fun with him and even though he is almost a teenager he would not understand. My wife thinks it's no big deal but I do and it sucks to have to watch the entire family out having fun while I sit and watch. I have the time off available so a trip for this surgery out of town is also an option. It seems no mater what I try I can not loose any weight and I've been in a gym for a year and they seemed to have got a bit bigger but that's it. I do have a beer gut and love handles so getting rid of those would be nice also. So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone

Men with excessive fat do tend to have certain contour issues including breasts, big belly, and band of fat extending around the love handle region.  Check out this link about Sumo Wrestlers.  Men tend to carry excessive weight in their chest and stomach.

Weight Loss Before Gynecomastia Surgery is typically better than weight loss after surgery.  Losing weight is a coarse tool.  Plastic Surgery is best reserved as a refinement tool.  You cannot pick where the weight comes from, nor goes onto.  Men typically gain weight first on the stomach, love handles, and chest.  We typically take weight off the same areas last.  Major weight loss after surgery may not come from your chest.  If like most men, you do not lose as much from the chest, it may look as if your gynecomastia has recurred.  Some of my patients loose their weight after surgery and get away with it.  However, weight loss after surgery is a gamble.

Getting to a weight you are comfortable with is often best.  Taking weight off, having surgery, and then putting weight back on is a problem.  If as with most men, weight is put on the breasts, it can look like the gynecomastia has come back.

After major weight loss, there may be loose drooping tissues.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction Surgery

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
Thanks everyone

being overweight is a separate issue. surgery for weight loss is not a good idea imo. i belive you would get much better results from gaining control of  your weight through adjusting your diet and excercise and then considering surgery. losing weight first means that that surgery should be less invasive, it seems to me that more natrual results are achieved on patients that aren't overweight. expect to  pay closer to 7 grand if you are in the us for a board certifed plastic surgeon. do not make an emotional decision about getting surgery, do your homework and make an informed decision. the cheaper choice now could turn out to be a big regret.

Offline GrandMstrBud

• Bronze Member
Thanks for both replies. I would not say that I am overweight by very much. I am 6 ft 1 and weigh about 190 pounds which is probably average for my height or a few pounds over. I've been down to just around 180 and still had the breasts, stomach fat, and love handles. I know there is no way I can afford 7k that’s for sure.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024