Author Topic: psuedo gyno/fat in chest area  (Read 5168 times)

Offline garmoe

• Posting Member
So I have seen three different PS and they all say No gland/ do lipo only. Two of them say if there is gland after they remove all the fat they will take it out then. I was going to schedule surgery in a few weeks but a trainer at the gym say's stacking steroids and building lean muscle will get rid of it.

I kind  of have low(low but doc's says still within range) testosterone for a 31 year old and was thinking about giving it a try??

sorry about the bad pic....will get a better one soon :)

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
you look like you already train hard so why didn't the fat go until now? I can tell from your abs that you have a low percentage of body fat, which does not match the fat from the chest area. For SOME people, getting rid of chest fat is extremely difficult if not impossible. You can hold off with diet and exercise and see what happens but I doubt it will go away. I have a similar case where it is purely fat but does not want to go away. Of course that does not mean it cannot go away for other people, it may, but from what I see in your pic, it's going to be a long and difficult road. Good luck and keep us posted.

Offline garmoe

• Posting Member
I wish they were solid abs.....those are really fat rolls in the abdomen area.....there is muscle under but the fat makes it look more of a six pack than it really is......I was about 40lbs heavier when I was in my early to mid teens....and was a chubby kid.....I started to lose weight by eating better and working out in my mid 20's but the gyno/chest fat is something that I always had to struggle with.

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
I hear you dude, I am in a avery similar situation but I don't have the fat in my abdomen that gives me the six pack look! Anyway, if I were you I would stick with my trainer and see what happens. If no results and the problem is bothering me, I will go to surgery. Keep us posted on what you decide to do. Good luck.

Offline garmoe

• Posting Member
Looking for some feedback from the docs on this board.  ::)

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
So I have seen three different PS and they all say No gland/ do lipo only. Two of them say if there is gland after they remove all the fat they will take it out then. I was going to schedule surgery in a few weeks but a trainer at the gym say's stacking steroids and building lean muscle will get rid of it.

I kind  of have low(low but doc's says still within range) testosterone for a 31 year old and was thinking about giving it a try??

I was going to schedule surgery in a few weeks but a trainer at the gym say's stacking steroids and building lean muscle will get rid of it.

wait, a trainer told you to use steroids and muscle will get rid of the gyne? thats like injecting yourself with estrogen every day... steroids cause hormone imbalance which then causes gyne.

You can decrease gyne fat to some extend but to totally make it go away is impossible, the only way is surgery.

Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

DrBermant

I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia and they all complain that building muscle can make the muscles look great, but whatever is on top of the muscles gets pushed further out.

All male mammals, by definition have gland.  It is just a question on how much which just cannot be reliably determined by Male Breast Examination.  I have seen many unhappy patients that came to me for Revision Gynecomastia Surgery for Liposuction only by another surgeon.  That is why I evolved my Dynamic Technique Male Breast Reduction for Gynecomastia.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Clandestine

• Bronze Member
a trainer at the gym say's stacking steroids and building lean muscle will get rid of it.

That trainer is an idiot! Stacking steroids will certainly NOT make gyne go away (if you have gyne that is). You may actually end up with a pair of DD's after taking steroids, either due to the compounds aromatising to oestrogen, or afterwards when you have as much testosterone in you as a 10 year old girl.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I agree with Clandestine,

Adjusting your Reproductive Hormones would call for a Medical Lab to monitor your Hormones and a highly qualified Dr. to interpret the lab results.

Any attempt to do this on your own will not improve your situation, but could make things much worse.

The body reacts to an excess of Testosterone (or other Androgens) by doing two things. The surplus gets converted into estrogen while the normal output of the testes gets turned down or off. You do not want either of these things to happen.
Grandpa Dan

Offline garmoe

• Posting Member
hope this works posting a pic here is a pain >:(

Offline garmoe

• Posting Member
Ok so here are some new pics......I lost about 7lbs with diet and cardio and I think the gyno shows even more now.....getting really depressed....also after talking more to the steroid gurus.....and looking at some old labs I found out my free test isn't so great....I think 35% do you guys think the gyno will come back becasue of that?> also do you think that lipo with thighten up the loose skin???

DrBermant

Ok so here are some new pics......I lost about 7lbs with diet and cardio and I think the gyno shows even more now.....getting really depressed....also after talking more to the steroid gurus.....and looking at some old labs I found out my free test isn't so great....I think 35% do you guys think the gyno will come back becasue of that?> also do you think that lipo with thighten up the loose skin???

Congratulation on the weight loss. Losing the weight can help with global body fat contours and make the body feel better, but it can also unmask remaining gland.

When there are hormone issues causing an imbalance, gynecomastia can return. The issue is were the lab values done at the right time of the day and by a good lab? These issues are best managed by an experienced Endocrinologist. I have worked with many over the years and most have told me that they need to know where the lab work was done, what time of the day and many other issues in order to determine such risks.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024