Author Topic: gynecomastia after weight loss, how bad it is, please help  (Read 3101 times)

Offline reza_vst

I never noticed that I have gynecomastia since I've been overweight till now, but now after major weight loss I can clearly  see that I have a problem. My question is how bad is my gynecomastia? Should I continue losing weight or should I stop? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
First, congratulations on the weight loss. Keep on track, you will enjoy better overall health as a result.

Everything is relative in a sense.

How much weight loss are you talking about? Over what length of time was the weight lost? How recently did you lose the weight? What is your age?

The amount of skin shrinkage you may yet have depends upon the answers to all those questions.

If the weight loss was truly great, the skin may have been stretched beyond the limits of its elastic capacity to shrink back. If the weight loss was quite recent, the skin may yet shrink somewhat. The skin of a younger person would seem to be more elastic than that of someone older etc.

Everything at this point is rather iffy. Using these photos as a baseline, take another set of similar views in a couple of months and you may be able to answer the questions for yourself.

If needed, a good cosmetic surgeon would be able to sculpt your chest to a contour more to your liking. But in the short term, I think the best course would be to wait at least a couple of months and see how much your condition resolves on its own.
Grandpa Dan

Offline reza_vst

Thank you very much for your reply.

I lost about 50 lbs in the last year and I'm still losing weight. I'm 28 and now weigh about 168 lbs. I'm worried about losing more weight because it might worsen the conditioon.

From my photos how bad you think it is.
If the photos are not good enough I can upload a new set.

Any further help is much appreciated.

Offline JTFiveG

• Posting Member
Get the surgery

Here are my pics. All the exercise in the world may continue to shrink the fat cells but they will just expand back to their big size once you stop exercising.

You cannot physically keep up and you will just keep getting frustrated.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 06:56:03 PM by JTFiveG »
Check out my surgery Pre and Post Op pics

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16185.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024