Author Topic: Rate my gyno  (Read 4035 times)

Offline charanjit

Hi members,
I am 23 years old and my height is 5'10''
I used to have asthma problem in my childhood, it was severe so only my inhaler was not working. So doctor asked my parents to give him steriods so that it can be controlled. But who knows it was worst day of my life. It was a instant relief of my problem on on the other side i was becoming fluffy. i was 15 on that age. my classmates used to irritate me as i become fat in very short period. as i know it was not my fault i was very depressed. I comming years i lost some weight but the fluffy ness on my chest remain same. My class mates use to tease me that i am a girl. I talked to my mom but she said it is normal. there was no body that i could tell so i started living with this sin.But recently i searched on net about man boobs. I thought i was only to have this but i was wrong, so i found this word gynecomastia and found this community. I am here to have some help from you guys as i cannot tell any body.
Thanks guys,

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Welcome to the boards, charanjit.

I would rate your gyne at about a seven. It looks like yours is mostly gland. Look around these boards, there is plenty of advice with coping with gyne as well as getting rid of gyne through surgery.

Best of luck,
dondante

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
What Dondante said...  ^^^^

x2...  ;)

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline charanjit

thanks guys...
i would like to know about the cost of operation as i am not going to tell my parents about this operation

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The type of steroids you would have been using are probably not the kind that would have caused Gynecomastia. Though I'd like to have a Dr. weigh in on this to get a more valid opinion.

Your Mother is right in that the condition is not actually an abnormality. She is wrong only in that she does not realize that you do not accept it and that you have suffered as a result of it.

Surgery would be your only way to get rid of it. You are the only one who can decide if it is bad enough to warrant surgery. Politely ignore anyone who might try to pressure you to have, or not have surgery. It is a decision you must make alone.
Grandpa Dan

Offline charanjit

The type of steroids you would have been using are probably not the kind that would have caused Gynecomastia. Though I'd like to have a Dr. weigh in on this to get a more valid opinion.

Your Mother is right in that the condition is not actually an abnormality. She is wrong only in that she does not realize that you do not accept it and that you have suffered as a result of it.

Surgery would be your only way to get rid of it. You are the only one who can decide if it is bad enough to warrant surgery. Politely ignore anyone who might try to pressure you to have, or not have surgery. It is a decision you must make alone.

so according to you...its not an abnormal behavior?? and what would be the cause for this thing as no body in our family have this thing??
and this thing only prompt after my intake of steriods

Offline monsterclean

• Bronze Member
Corticosteroids, which are used for relief of asthma, can induce gynecomastia.  The OP is correct to implicate the corticosteroids for his gyne.

Offline charanjit

Corticosteroids, which are used for relief of asthma, can induce gynecomastia.  The OP is correct to implicate the corticosteroids for his gyne.

yeah..i dont remember the medicine. do remember that its was contained some salt like "benza..forte" dont remember excatelly

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024