Author Topic: Do I have gynecomastia?  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Iceman101

I've always had breasts, but I have always been overweight also.  I came to this forum awhile ago, and was told to shed some pounds off.  So I have been working out for a few months, and I have tracked my progress.  I still have a long way to go with my weight training and cardio workouts, but here are my results so far.  Do you think after some more time at the gym my breast should go away, or do you think I have gyne and get it checked out?  I'm really really worried!  This is the only place I feel comfortable enough to talk openly about this right now.  I think this is a great website, and I can relate so many of you!

13genof

With the extra weight more than likely it is pseudo! The big question is do you feel any gland, IF you are not sure go to your doctor, there is no need to be embarrassed, doctors see much more embarrassing things every day! 8)

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
I agree.  A GP can give you an answer for sure.  It is a little excruciating having them feel around on you though.  Try not to let it bother you too much.

I believe you would really benefit a lot from weight loss regardless.
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline Iceman101

thx but what does gland tissue actually feel like?  i've been feeling them all day, and i'm just not so sure.  am i looking for a lump type feel?  is there something characteristic for gyne that i should look for or not look for?  thx!

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Glandular tissue feels like fat, just a little lumpier and softer.  You can usually feel it located directly underneath the areola.  Most men know they have gynecomastia because of visible signs.  If everyone felt their breasts they would all think they had gyne!   ;)

Some breast tissue is normal, if it causes your chest to protrude a lot then it is gynecomastia.

My advice: quit spending time feeling your boobs!  I personally think you don't have a problem.  But you may think you do and that's fine. 
Change your diet if need be and start incorporating some vigorous exercise into your life.  Once you have lost a significant amount of weight and you feel healthy and look healthy, then step back and look at your chest.  If a problem is still there, it's your call.

Offline Iceman101

thx for the tips!  so i guess i don't have it.  and i should keep working out?  if nobody really responds to my thread, then i guess that means my case is not much to worry about?  which is a good thing!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024