Author Topic: OK, here we go  (Read 9960 times)

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Alright, here it goes. Our economy has never been this low since the Great depression. And my body has never been this fat. This school year has been so shitty that I could start my own fertilizer company. This is my last shot. I've lost weight in the past years, and I've also gained more. Im tired and ready to lose all (at least some) of this fat off my body. I'm writing this to show my journey from being overweight and miserable to the very date of my surgery. Surgery is probably going to take place in june or july so I have a little bit of time. Second thing is money. I'm working soon plus money from my dads aunt is possible. Every 3 weeks I'm going to update and record my progress on the weight loss and money issue. If anyone would like to join in on this thread and share your experiences in losing weight, feel free to post anytime. Do any of you have any tips on losing weight? I wont be getting my membership at the YMCA very soon so joggin is the only thing. I have these disgusting pictures of myself so on lookers beware of temperary blindness. Here I go, wish me luck. (cue dramatic war music)

me being fat 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37181640@N06/3439650735/

another one of me being fat
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37181640@N06/3439650563/

and finally me being fat with a cool hand sign
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37181640@N06/3439650343/
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
Can't see the pics, permission error.

Is the June/July surgery date confirmed or a target? Hopefully you get/got a positive answer from your aunt.

Anyway, definitely get a gym subscription. Just jogging will help you lose fat in the short run but you have to build muscle to keep it away in the long run (muscle eats calories).

GynO_DuDe

Anyway, definitely get a gym subscription. Just jogging will help you lose fat in the short run but you have to build muscle to keep it away in the long run (muscle eats calories).

Lets not forget a 'lifestyle' change ... not diet, not gym subscriptions. But eating properly & healthy to stay in good shape inside & out.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Thanks for the advice guys. SO merangue, just jogging isnt good enough? Weights are also important? Well Im trying to figure out the photo problem but June or July is a target. Hopefully my Dads aunt will spare at least 1500 to 2000 $$.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member

GynO_DuDe

I looked just like you 4 years ago ... DIET is the key, 80% DIET, 20% EXCERCISE.

So fixup the eating habits & stick to it ... when your hungry tell yourself im not going to change over night, im going to change 6 months down the line ... keep motivating yourself, and keep telling yourself your doing this for life, not for several weeks.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Yup thats what I've been thinking.

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
I agree with gyno_dude, except I'd say it's 60% exercise, 40%diet.

The key is not to get caught up into any extreme diets from the get go. You'll burn yourself out eating crap and stuff you can't cook consistently on a day to day basis.

I'm right now down to 172lb 6'0 (down from near 200lb in november but still a ways to go for the ideal shape). I've stopped eating junk food, fast food, soft drinks (we don't even keep them in the house anymore) and cut processed food down to a minimum. Work out 5 days a week, 30 mins ellipticals (3.5-4 miles every day), and strength for an hour (alternating muscle groups, with 2-3 a day).

The biggest points to keep in mind:
- Cut out processed foods
- Cardio for weight loss
- Weight training for muscle (increased metabolism)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:46:02 AM by Merangue »

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
SO merangue, at the YMCA, I usaully do the ellipticals for 30 minutes without the weights. When I renew my membership, I'm going to start doing both. But which is better? Ellipticals, or joggin?

GynO_DuDe

I do nothing but weight lifting 3 times a week ... and no longer than 45mins per session, why? because I work my f*ck!n arse off in that 45mins and give my self a headrush ... those 45 mins aren't comfortable. And yes, its working ... as long as your eating properly, 6 small meals a day it will work in the long run. I dont expect to change in 2 weeks ... I expect a small change every week for the rest of my life, because what im doing now, I can see myself doing for the rest of my life.

I consume approx 2300 calories a day.

5 Egg whites, Piece of Brown Toast & Quakers Oat with Half Cup Milk - MEAL 1
Protein Shake with 1 Cup Milk / few crushed almonds or pistachio or cashews - MEAL 2
8oz Grilled Chicken Breast + 4-5 Broccoli Florets + 1 Boiled Medium Potatoe + Some tomato ketchup - MEAL 3
Protein Shake with 1 Cup Milk - MEAL 4
MEAL 5 is same as MEAL 3
And then MEAL 6 is a tin of tuna raw before going to bed ...

You can enjoy yourself ONE DAY, ONCE A MONTH (AT THE EARLY STAGES, WHILE YOUR STILL A FATSO)

And once youve reached your target weight, and think you look good, you can stick to that routine monday to friday, and party haard on Saturday and Chill on Sunday! ...

You get the idea? its all about lifestyle change.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
Wow, that food list, a lot of planning.

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
SO merangue, at the YMCA, I usaully do the ellipticals for 30 minutes without the weights. When I renew my membership, I'm going to start doing both. But which is better? Ellipticals, or joggin?

In terms of weight loss they're both the same. You get the same burn from ellipticals, jogging or treadmills.

The advantage to ellipticals is less strain on your joints. So you run for longer before getting tired (hence burn more calories than you would otherwise).

The advantage to jogging or treadmills is if you're planning on participating in marathons or other races, they'll give you better training in terms of how it feels to run on real ground.

The food plan gyno_dude posted is a good idea of how you should be eating. I'm doing about the same, except only one protein shake and a small snack for the 4th meal (usually just grab an apple or something). Also remember not to eat an hour or so before doing cardio, the workout won't do much otherwise.

A meal plan like this needs to stay simple at least for most guys. I have zero cooking skills so I quickly got burned out on making my own healthy food. What I found works best is just to portion whatever my parents are cooking for lunch/dinner and eat that (have to pay attention to whats going in there though). I cook my own breakfast, since frying eggs and toasting bread is about all I can do. Then just having stuff available to munch on for the 2 snacks (fruits mainly).

GynO_DuDe

Disagree on the 'having a portion of whatever the rentz are cookin' bit ... why? because I did that and to be honest, its not good.

Learn how to cook basic stuff, I swear, its the best thing I ever done (after gyne surgery ufcourse haha)

Grilling chicken is easy, takes a bit of prep time the day before (leaving chicken to marinate in the fridge etc) but cooking it is a 30min job. Just search up recipes on the net ...

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
I'm the kinda guy that is fine with just a sandwhich or a salad. But I was wondering if you guys know if white rice is any good. I eat rice everysingle day with everything from hotdogs to fish.

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
*Update**

My father just got a $4000 dollar loan from his work. Plus $1000 dollars from when I got in a car accident (long story). Anyways now that the money part is out of the way I have 2 months to lose as much weight as I can. I've been running everynight and been slowly losing pounds but no real difference. Plus my YMCA membership just got renewed and now losing weight is going to be much easier. Suck part though is that it's almost the end of the year and school is getting a lot tougher. I should have lost weight during the winter time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024