Author Topic: Gyno, Pectus, or Both?? Please HELP!  (Read 3817 times)

needshelpnow

Hi everyone,

I am new to these forums having just discovered gynecomastia.org, but I have been reading several different posts now and come here out of legitimate desperation, hopefully some of the members can shed some light on the situation and point me in the right direction..

On top of my complete and utter shame regarding my man boobs, (fear of not being able to take my shirt off to go swimming or during sexual acts), I am in the music industry and would love to be confident when doing a live performance! It would mean the world to me to get rid of these beasts, but like everyone else, my funds are low with only enough to support myself while also thinking about going into debt for pursuing a college degree on top of the music thing..

I'm roughly 5'11, 165 pounds, age 21 and exercise regularly.. The max I've ever weighed was about 195 pounds back when I was about 13, but I HIGHLY doubt this was at all the primary cause of the gynecomastea because it is hereditary in my family. I believe it is due to that of hereditary alcoholism, my father and grandfather are both alcoholics/heavy drinkers and I'd rate my father in at about a C cup at the age of 51, and my grandfather, an absolute 'whale-breasts' D cup at the age of 80. I also at one point worked out for roughly a year to a year and a half straight, going up in a max bench press weight of roughly 220lbs while doing good on incline as well.. Still no change, my chest muscles got pretty big, but the gyne remained, and from what I'm reading here bench-pressing doesn't really help the matter anyways..

So now I'm at a really low point in my life, as I'm sure all of you gyne members are as well, and I would really like to rid myself of this crap.. But NOW, I've read some even more startling information, i think I may have some form of pectus as well, so please if you could be so kind, you can be the judge and rate my gynecomastea..!

I will try to get more pics, maybe some frontal if you think it's necessary.. Any messages from a doctor on here regarding the condition would also be WELL appreciated.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 03:26:10 PM by needshelpnow »

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
Honestly, you look fine. If I saw you with your shirt off on the beach, I would probably think nothing of it. But thats just my opinion.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Additional chest views would help, if you could post them.  It's hard to tell with basically only one view. 

There are two basic types of pectus, which is a congenital abnormality of the chest wall, due to malformation of the cartilaginous portions of the ribs where they attach to the sternum.  Pectus excavatum creates a sunken or "caved in" appearance to the sternum (breast plate, if you will) and in pectus carinatum, the sternum protrudes out, similar to a "bird chest".  A mild case of either would not be terrible; diagnosed cases of either pectus are usually surgically corrected during childhood.

Regarding gynecomastia, you don't look very bad to me in the lateral view you have.  Once again, try to post some additional views.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

needshelpnow

thanks for the replies so far,

i intend to post better views tomorrow, and with a shaved chest so it will be best..

needshelpnow

The update... dun dun dun..

let me know your thoughts

Offline Scubba19

sorry dude you look fine to me. do you think its noticeable with your shirt on or just when your shirtless does it bother you?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024