Author Topic: Experience with Dr. Sherwood Baxt in NJ  (Read 2989 times)

Offline menlo_67

I normally do not post in forums unless I have something useful to say.
I am hoping my experience below will prompt others to do more research before choosing a surgeon.

I came across this site after having my surgery. I am here because I was researching other peoples' post operation experiences.

I had the surgery in February 2009 by Dr. Sherwood Baxt in NJ.

To be sure, there were red flags and I should have heeded them and done more research before such an important surgery.
The initial consultation was free and lasted about 10 minutes. I believe I was taken in by his online marketing and a 12 month interest free payment plan.

He did not spend enough time in pre op consultation (5 minutes max), just drew some circles around my chest and had me sent to the operating room.

Reading other peoples' experiences with doctors like Dr. Bermant, it seems Dr. Baxt did not even scrape the surface when it came to pre op consultation. The same evening after the surgery, I had been asleep with some pain killers when Dr. Baxt called to make a follow up call per his policy. He left a message saying everything was OK and that I should not attempt to call the number he called from since he does not answer that phone number. I felt that was very odd - as if I had been given one chance to speak with him and I had lost it.

I called his office the next day but still did not get to speak with him. His staff gave me generic post op information - to keep wearing the compression vest etc. To this day (after 16 weeks) I have not had a follow up visit with Dr. Baxt.

Needless to say, I am not happy with the results. Its been 16 weeks since the surgery and my chest is deformed, particularly the left side. It is not contoured properly and my left side still has fat below the nipple. The left nipple is now inverted and looks exactly like the Crater Complication
that Dr. Bermant mentions on his website (http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/revision_gynecomastia/crater_complication_scar.htm). Even worse than the crater complication is the fact that the left side is much larger than the right and shows as such through my shirt. I feel butchered and deformed.
Not sure what I am going to do. My chest still hurts so I think a revision surgery cannot be done now.

Anyone considering this important surgery, please do your research well so that you do not end up like me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024