Author Topic: 10 wks post op - Not sure about results  (Read 3104 times)

Offline HouTX123

I'm 10 wks post op with Dr Newall in Houston, TX.  He did lipo only and removed 150 and 100 cc's from each side.  I'm 6'1" and ~190lb, and 30 yrs old.

I had initially had gyno surgery 10 years ago with Dr Melmed in Dallas, and he did excision only.  After a year, there were still very large lumps (scar tissue?) under each nipple and he did a follow up surgery.  The results were better, but I was never completely satisfied.

I had a follow up consultation with Dr Newall today.  Although my chest looks good sometimes, at other times I think it looks worse, as shown in the pictures.  I had to show him the pictures today because of course my chest looked normal in the office (just like when you take your car to the mechanic).  

I can still feel lumps underneath the nipples, but he says that it's scar tissue and should go away.  He said he was very sure to remove everything during the surgery, but he did lipo only, no excision.  I asked about cortisone shots, but he said it would be risky as it could disolve too much and leave me with concave nipples.

Please give me your opinions.  The pictures do NOT look normal to me, although they don't always look this bad.  My right pec especially seems strange when I flex - it's almost conical (think Madonnas bra).

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vacationshawn/album?.dir=d288&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vacationshawn/my_photos
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 10:18:04 PM by HouTX123 »

Offline disarm

• Posting Member
well don't know what I could say... post some pics and maybe we can be of some help... or give my 2 cents or something

Offline disarm

• Posting Member
well i see what ur talking about... maybe there's some left over gland? cuz lipo cannulas can only suck out fat and not breast tissue/gland. the fat was probably sucked around it leaving the gland to protude or be exposed even more. so I'm thinking that might be what you can feel behind the areola.. just my 2 cents and the whole conical thing makes me think theres some gland left in there
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 10:26:19 PM by disarm »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024