Author Topic: Severe gynecomastia?  (Read 7290 times)

Offline new_kid

So, I've had moobs for as long as I can remember.  At one point in my life I weighed 280lbs, but through some pretty rigorous running and exercise programs, I'm currently down at 220, and I usually hover between 210 and 230 (and I'm like 6'5").  I'm pretty much outdoors all summer long with my shirt off, and I'm over all of the boob jokes, innocent as they are.  I figure that since I've lost weight and worked out and I still have them, it's okay for me to get surgery.  I had a few questions for people who've been through all of this before:

-What kind of surgery will I have?
-Who in Texas would be able to do this well?  (I live in Houston)
-Could I reasonably expect a flat chest?

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu58/new_kid_surgery/Photoon2009-10-12at2336.jpg
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu58/new_kid_surgery/Photoon2009-10-12at2337.jpg

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
I think you can definitely reasonably expect a flat chest, provided you choose the right surgeon. Check the regional surgeons at the home page of this site, I'm sure a state as huge as Texas will have at least a few highly qualified gyne experts. Good luck!

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
Hi there,

I will only attempt to answer the first and last question. Type of surgery, well you definitely need excision. Now the problem I see is that you have lose skin. What will the surgeon decide to do exactly, I can't say but it may involve getting rid of the loose skin and perhaps reattaching the nipples to a higher position on the chest wall. And I guess that yes you will get a flat chest; I don't think you have any excess fat there, the only problems you seem to have are glandular tissue and lose skin. Good luck bro.

Offline john_loren

• Bronze Member
Tough decision ahead of you.  You may be able to get a flat chest thru surgery;  however, due to the extra skin you have, you're going to end up with excessive scarring.  I believe they'll either need to do a donut procedure, which will leave a crimping effect around your nipples (and may actually stretch the areolas) or long scars along the underside of each breast (with your nipples removed and reattached higher on your chest).  I would say that if you have the confidence to run around topless as is, why not leave well enough alone? 

Offline sufferingtolong

• Posting Member
I think there is way to muck skin for a Donut Mastopexy to be an option.

I think you would be left with scars underneath you chest , however these can be hidden with chest hair and also you skin pigment is not to dark , perfect for inconspicuos scars

Personally I believe skin excision is the way to go for you my friend , you seem to have no gland and little fat .

good luck

DrBermant

So, I've had moobs for as long as I can remember.  At one point in my life I weighed 280lbs, but through some pretty rigorous running and exercise programs, I'm currently down at 220, and I usually hover between 210 and 230 (and I'm like 6'5").  I'm pretty much outdoors all summer long with my shirt off, and I'm over all of the boob jokes, innocent as they are.  I figure that since I've lost weight and worked out and I still have them, it's okay for me to get surgery.  I had a few questions for people who've been through all of this before:

-What kind of surgery will I have?
-Who in Texas would be able to do this well?  (I live in Houston)
-Could I reasonably expect a flat chest?

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu58/new_kid_surgery/Photoon2009-10-12at2336.jpg
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu58/new_kid_surgery/Photoon2009-10-12at2337.jpg

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Does it not feel much better with that weight off?

After Major Weight Loss skin and supporting tissues retract only so much leaving sagging and drooping.  These are usually global factors affecting most regions of the body.  For men, the sagging chest is often the biggest concern.  However, there are often issues of the stomach, thighs, buttocks, arms, and more.  While a Tummy Tuck Abdominoplasty can help with the front, a Lower Body Lift helps deal with the stomach, thighs, and buttock sagging. 

Excess Skin of the Male Chest with Gynecomastia comes in various degrees.  Here are my Standard Pictures for Evaluating Extra Skin on the Male Chest.

For some patients, my small incision skin reduction chest lift is an option.  This eliminates the unnatural very obvious unnatural vertical scar.  For smaller problems, I have evolved my Internal Lift Male Mastopexy Surgery that has even smaller scars.  My internal lift is not suitable when the excess skin is a major contributing factor for the deformity.  A Male Donut Mastopexy when pushed too far will leave a star burst deformity that detracts from the result. That is why picking your surgeon carefully can be so important.

Yes, scars are a compromise.  We need some place to remove the excess skin.  The shorter the scars, the less skin that is removed.  Options are best explored during an evaluation.

When a patient does not want to deal with the scars, No Surgery Body Shaping Garments should be considered.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues

Offline krucial

• Bronze Member
consult a surgeon!! find one... it will change your life... for the good! getting done asap, and get ready for next summer!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024