Author Topic: Please help a very self concious guy. Doctor recommendations?PLEASE PLEASE HELP  (Read 2184 times)

Offline SJV9009

• Posting Member
Hello everyone. I had gynecomastia surgery in late may to correct a problem i've had since I was 13. I'm a slim 22 y/o guy with not a lot of definition, but not fat by any means. The problem was a hard fatty almost ball-like mass underneath my nipple. I had smart lipo done with very temporary results. The area was flat for only a couple weeks after surgery. Here I am 6 months later and the area looks the same as it did pre-op, only now the area is more sore to the touch. I also was hoping to get the nipple area reduced. What has been the experience with this procedure? (Does the reshaped nipple like natural) Lastly, I've seen several posts from Dr. Jacobs on here. What has been the experience with him and who else would you reccommend in the NY,NJ and PA area. Thanks so much for any help you can give me.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 07:44:40 PM by SJV9009 »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If you did not have excision done at the first procedure, then more than likely revision surgery will be required.  Revision, or secondary surgery, is even more difficult and challenging than the original operation because you have a third factor added to the mix:  scar tissue resulting from the original operation.

I would strongly suggest you take your time, visit several surgeons, and ultimately choose the doctor who would seem to have the most experience in dealing with this problem.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024