Author Topic: Need feedback from surgery  (Read 2684 times)

Offline dan2866

• Posting Member
Hello,

Sorry this is in the main discussion also. I thought if I put it here that I might get more feedback.

I had plastic surgery for gynecomastia 10 or 11 years ago at Maricopa County Hospital from a plastic surgeon who was with the Mayo Clinic. I had just turned 17 at the time and only my right breast was really big for about two years.  I had hid it for two years by wearing extra large shirts and never going swimming. My family didn't even notice until one day I showed a doctor.

I have still avoided taking my shirt off for the last ten years because I feel the doctor took too much tissue away. For example, if I raise my right arm above my head my right nipple caves in a little and there is no fat between the nipple and my rib cage. It looks better when my right arm is to my side, but it still does not have the same shape as my left breast.

I may still have some carry over effects from the two years of hiding my chest when I was younger during my Gynecomastia period. What I am trying to say is I am open to the possibility that I might have some body dysmorphic disorder elements going on.

I think it might be helpful to get some honest feed back so I can decide whether I have irrational thoughts in my head about my body image.

I would appreciate any feedback.

My pics

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dantatum26/album?.dir=/4f30&.src=ph

Thanks.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dude.... you look fine! U're thinking too much about it. Relax!  ;)

Has anyone told you that you look like Jim Carey? Allllll righty then!

John.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 04:55:29 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
Hey, you should get something done about that condition man - who in the hell wants to look like Jim Carey? ;)

Just kidding dude!

You have no problems. Really. Looks perfectly natural and normal. You're in good shape, get on with enjoying your life!
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline dan2866

• Posting Member
Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I think a lot of it is psychological.

Yeah, I have been told that I look like Jim Carey alot. I worked for safeway during highschool when that movie ace ventura came out. Several times, store employees called me Ace over the intercom when calling me for assistance.

Dan

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
If you think there's something wrong with you then you will probably think I look like an alien.  You look fine.  Enjoy life.

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
DAYUM that guy really does look like Jim Carrey!!!
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024