Author Topic: Question about Dr. Jacobs  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Ceeeza

• Posting Member
I have been consulting with certain doctors and perusing websites to see what they have to offer.  I am quite impressed by Dr. Jacobs gynecomastia photos and his technique that doesn't require the areola incision... in fact they look SO good and I'm really not into having scars on my nipples.

I am; though, wondering about his "torsoplasty"  Actually I'm interested in just having liposuction of the flanks.  The photos of the after pics look blotchy and strange and I'm wondering why that is.  Is it that his technique isn't fantastic for those areas or are these photos taken very soon after surgery?  I don't want to have liposuction and end up with skin that looks like cottage cheese.

Has anyone had work done by Dr. Jacobs?  gynecomastia or liposuction, etc?  ... Dr. Jacobs, if you read this... can you explain?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I use an "aggressive", sharp cannula (which I designed myself) which in many cases allows me to remove  not only fat but gland tissue as well from a small nick in the skin near the armpit.  This enables me to eliminate the need for an areolar incision in about 50% of my patients.  However, in cases where I encounter extremely dense breast tissue, the cannula will not work and then I do make an incision around the edge of the areola. This decision is made during surgery -- sort of a dynamic technique that all surgeons practice. In my hands, these scars tend to heal extremely well.  I have found that I make the peri-areolar incision more often in younger men and less often in older men.

As for torsoplasty, sometimes photos cannot tell the entire story or may be distorted in the process of placing it on a video screen which has different ratios than the original film format.  I do have many photos in my office for your perusal -- not everyone provides permission for me to place them on my website.  Also, a torsoplasty can be modified to include only the abdomen or just the love handles.  Finally, not all men are candidates for torsoplasty.  In appropriate candidates, I can make a good body into a great body.  But I cannot take an obese man and provide him with a slim contour.

I also take photos at intervals before and after surgery -- sometimes my patients do not return for long term follow up (many patients come from across the country and around the world), so some of the photos may be early in the healing process and may not reflect the final result.

I trust this has been helpful to you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024