Author Topic: How bad would you rate my gyno now?  (Read 6961 times)

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
6 Months post-op.. can still feel gland there and my chest still sticks out. Looking into having it done again with Dr. Karidis, as before was on the NHS and they clearly didn't do a great job!

Offline Nearliverpool

• Posting Member
Did you get lyposuction aswell. I notice you have a bit of a gut so maybe if you done a lot of cardio you wud lose the gut and more fat off your chest making them reduce in size.

Offline chris

• Posting Member
doesnt look too bad. looks like loose skin in the chest area is more of an issue than gland. how does it look with tight shirts?

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Did you get lyposuction aswell. I notice you have a bit of a gut so maybe if you done a lot of cardio you wud lose the gut and more fat off your chest making them reduce in size.

Yeah he did lypo too. Doesn't look good in tight shirts, chest just sticks out. I'm currently lowering my BF%, but there's gland etc which I can feel behind my nipple, cardio won't effect this and that's no doubt what's making my chest protrude.

Offline thetodd

Doesnt look bad, id give it time to settle down your body's still recovering
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Doesnt look bad, id give it time to settle down your body's still recovering

True but my chest was never flat, or even near it for that matter.. Most people claim they're immediate result is great, then they go through a bumpy recovery process and eventually get back to the initial result or there abouts once fully healed (which can take 1-2 years imo), however this was never the case for me. There's still gland there which I can feel, this won't magically disappear and at this stage I'm confident in saying it's certain there's no drastic change going to take place.

Offline kingboob

I don't think your chest looks massively outside of the 'normal range'   if you get what I mean.

It does look slightly odd but I can't fully explain why,  are your areolas a bit bumpy / lumpy or is it the lighting?  -- if there are lumps and bumps there then in my opinion they can still improve considerably up to a year or maybe more.   - although in my personal experience once the scar has faded from the initial bright red period the improvements are very slow and not really noticeable until you compare with older pictures......................... I'm hoping that makes sense!

The problem is the revision surgery is much more difficult due to the surgeon having damaged scar tissue to work / deal with.   I would get a couple of consults before going ahead,  you need to be certain that improvements can be made and that it will not just make the situation worse.   

As I said before, I don't think your chest looks really abnormal or anything, so maybe lowering your body fat %  will  be enough to get the results you are hoping for.

Offline thetodd

This is true in my case day one post it was amazingly flat, then it went a bit downhill but now 13months on later i can say im really happy with my chest some minor scarring on the right hand side but nothing to bother me.

I think the reason your chest looks a bit out of proportion is (no offence) your nipples look big. I can sort of remember having a conversation with you about aereola reduction and i didnt like the sound of it. But i have seen succesfull blogs on the US side since and its changed my mind about the procedure. Maybe you could ask surgeons about that?

I agree with Kingboob however about revisions and i know hes had it done in the past. Best thing would be to have a consult with him make a day of it book it late in the afternoon and enjoy London for the day i guarantee youl see a few celebs etc. The hospital visit itself isnt like a hospital visit. Its all swanky chairs and plasma screens its not an unpleasent experience. I think i paid £75 he'l check you over. Id see Levick maybe because he might be better with the revision side of it?

If you can afford it i think youd benefit from revision i dont think its because youve got an abnormally large chest honestley its not bad but if its bothering you its not worth messing about with get it fixed.

Offline kingboob

I think the reason your chest looks a bit out of proportion is (no offence) your nipples look big. I can sort of remember having a conversation with you about aereola reduction and i didnt like the sound of it. But i have seen succesfull blogs on the US side since and its changed my mind about the procedure. Maybe you could ask surgeons about that?

If you can afford it i think youd benefit from revision i dont think its because youve got an abnormally large chest honestley its not bad but if its bothering you its not worth messing about with get it fixed.

I don't think his areolas look big at all by any standard.....      mine are twice the size and I have been strongly advised  not to get a reduction done.  I am told the risks outweigh the benefits.    They have to cut all around the areola which can compromise blood flow and the nipple can die and drop off,  (I'm told the risk is greater  because of having previous gyne surgery to remove the gland behind the nipple,  and there is no good fix if that happens),   the scars may well be noticeable and there is a risk that the areola can strech out and end up the same size as before but with a nasty scar around it.

Look at Bermant's site on areola reduction:  http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/nipple_areola_reduction.html  - The guy there is seriously big pre-op, but after the op his are still larger than wantrid's.

I would be concerned about the risks with having more surgery done............ I would want a guarantee from the surgeon that a revision is gonna make things better and not just create further issues with scar tissue and set the healing back another 6 months.  Just my 2p worth.

Offline thetodd

Oooof yeah sod that then, didn't know there was that many risks!

I dobut youl get guarantee out of Karidis's lot. I actually asked Karidis if he would give me anything in writing and he said absolutely not and that "its not an exact science, i do my best!". Which is fair enough. But then told me that he done "Free Revisions" and he didn't know the hospital fees. I asked the aftercare women what the hospital fees and they were something like £2k. Which riled me up a bit lol

Id still go for a consultation anyway theres no expiry date, if you went in now and decided to wait a period of time you could just wait and accumulate the money.

Offline Whiff

• Bronze Member
honestly ..you look fine I wouldn't give you a second glance and as a sufferer (former sufferer) I look out for it.

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
I think your result looks pretty good.

I'm 5 months post op and I too have a loose skin problem. But my PS says it really takes up to a year to see the final result - everyone's skin elasticity is different.

If I were you, I think I'd just continue to work out and watch the diet and wait a few more months.

But really, you look just fine.

DrBermant

6 Months post-op.. can still feel gland there and my chest still sticks out. Looking into having it done again with Dr. Karidis, as before was on the NHS and they clearly didn't do a great job!

The male chest can be distorted by both Gynecomastia Male Breast Enlargement. Drooping or Ptosis is a frequent problem after massive weight loss or deflation of massive muscles.   

Posting Standard Pictures to Show Male Chest Drooping after weight loss can help others better understand if the loose skin component is a factor.

Low Nipples Look Strange on a Male Chest. Sagging skin does not give a good contour to the male chest.  Surgery to deal with both the residual contours of gynecomastia and loose hanging tissues can be combined.  Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Drooping Chest or Ptosis can consist of many different Surgical Options for Excess Skin of the Male Chest.  A Short Scar Skin Reduction Chest Lift hides the scars under the pectoral muscles and around the areola.

When there is Loose Stomach Skin, I prefer to tighten that first. Pulling stomach skin down can pull the chest down. Lifting the chest then performing surgery that can lower it makes little sense unless you like performing revision surgery! Here are Standard Stomach Pictures to Demonstrate Loose Skin Issues for Possible Tummy Tuck. If that is a concern than Tummy Tuck Surgery can be considered.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
Thanks for the replies. Yeah the looseness of my chest is one really annoying factor, I have very elastic skin in the sense that It's very stretchy, which probably doesn't help! Another thing that really bugs me is on the right hand side I have a big crease which can be seen in some of my pictures, which makes my chest look even worse. I'm going to continue lowering my BF% as I want to do that anyway, but I may go for a consultation with Karidis soon and see what he says/thinks.

If only there was a way to firm up skin!

DrBermant

Thanks for the replies. Yeah the looseness of my chest is one really annoying factor, I have very elastic skin in the sense that It's very stretchy, which probably doesn't help! Another thing that really bugs me is on the right hand side I have a big crease which can be seen in some of my pictures, which makes my chest look even worse. I'm going to continue lowering my BF% as I want to do that anyway, but I may go for a consultation with Karidis soon and see what he says/thinks.

If only there was a way to firm up skin!

Loose skin folds accentuate a breast contour to a male chest even without residual gland.

Unfortunately, there is no way to tighten loose skin other than surgery unless you can find me a working Harry Potter magic wand! Filling the loose skin of the chest with pectoral muscles works to a degree, but eventually the muscles cannot be maintained and sagging ensues.

By the way we see many UK gynecomastia patients who prefer my techniques. Good luck on your weight loss. Normally weight loss before surgery is better than after. The exception is in revision patients. Too little remaining fat can limit local resources to repair problems.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024