Author Topic: What compression vest to buy?  (Read 4284 times)

Offline bv3131

• Posting Member
Hey guys, so I had my surgery done 4 days ago and right now I'm wearing a velcro binder/wrap.  It's pretty uncomfortable because I am constantly pulling it up.  My surgeon just said to wear this for two weeks and it would be fine, but after reading what people have said on this forum, I'm not totally convinced.  I'm thinking of buying a compression vest online to wear for 4-6 weeks.  I've heard a lot about Underworks, are they the best?  Can anybody suggest which vest to buy?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
I liked mine, which were from Design Veronique.

Offline bv3131

• Posting Member
I liked mine, which were from Design Veronique.

I was thinking about this one: http://www.underworks.com/990.html.  Is it a pretty common one?  The Design Veronique one is a lot more expensive than this one, is the quality better?  Any advice on compression vests would help; I'm hoping to have one ordered by tomorrow.

Offline Gynosaur

• Bronze Member
I can't give you a quality comparison since I've never worn the Underworks kind.  My surgeon likes the Design Veronique brand in particular and says that they are very high quality and tend to produce a great outcome.

DrBermant

Hey guys, so I had my surgery done 4 days ago and right now I'm wearing a velcro binder/wrap.  It's pretty uncomfortable because I am constantly pulling it up.  My surgeon just said to wear this for two weeks and it would be fine, but after reading what people have said on this forum, I'm not totally convinced.  I'm thinking of buying a compression vest online to wear for 4-6 weeks.  I've heard a lot about Underworks, are they the best?  Can anybody suggest which vest to buy?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Binders are terribly uncomfortable and tend to slide. I prefer this First Stage Gynecomastia Compression Garment right after surgery which has proven superior to any product I have evaluated to date. My patients who had tried other brands tell me that there is no comparison.

However, you then get into another problem. Picking a surgeon is also picking that doctors methods for recovery. Changing a doctor's methods can interfere with how the tissues evolve after gynecomastia surgery. For my patients, I fit them before surgery for both their first and second stage After Gynecomastia Surgery Compression Vests. The first stage garment is then applied in the operating room.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024