Author Topic: How to tell someone...  (Read 1971 times)

Offline ShirtsandSkins

On May 11 I am going to see Dr. Marks at the Wake Forest Baptist Hospital for my gyno surgery. First, has anyone had any experience with this doctor? His pictures in his office looked pretty good. But most of the guys had gyno much worse than mine. I have little fat around mine. Mine is mostly puffy nipples. My biggest issue is that I havent told anyone about it yet and I don't know how. How have some of you gone about telling the people closest to you? I haven't spoken about it with my girlfriend, but i know she'll be the one taking care of me. I go through severe anxiety when I want to tell someone about the problem and I always end up wimping out because I'm so damn embarrassed. I'm moving at the end of May and I want to start fresh without the added stress and pressure that comes with this ailment. Can anyone give me some tips about how to manage my anxiety while telling someone about it?

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
Well if someone notices just say yaa i had chest surgery to deal with gynecomastia 99% world population does not know what it means.. if they ask whats that you can tell them u had some puss in your nipples  ;)

miamivice

When I had my unsuccessful procedure done I didn't tell anyone and till this day no one knows about. I drove myself to the operation and put down my mom's house number down as emergency contact and went on with the procedure. After I woke up from the procedure I chilled in the recovery room for a bit, told the nurse a lie that my ride was outside, jumped in my car and drove myself home, slept in my leather computer chair that night so I wouldn't soil my sheets as one of my incisions was leaking  went for my follow the nest morning. I really didn't need any help after my procedure the pain was almost nonexistent I was just sore the sutures bothered me more than anything. when I go in for my revision I'm not mentioning a word to anyone because in this economy people tend to look at you crazy for blowing money on something they view as a non issue, most just don't understand how how gyno effects a persons mental view of themselves unless they themselves have it.

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
Sorry to hear about not being satisfied with the first procedure and good luck on the revision surgery.

Yeah you're right, many people are pretty narrow minded and don't understand or think about being in someone elses shoes!

Offline Endless

• Silver Member
im going for revision as well later this month..

i didnt tell anyone the first time around.. i did get paranoid a couple of times when i felt that people noticed that i was wearing a bandage under my shirt..
if the operation is a success, i may be forced to tell some people, atleast the ones im around most often..

the plan for me though is to just

a) build more muscles, (arms, shoulders) -- people will just assume, "oh hes been working out, people would assume that the bigger arms and shoulders just made the chest look smaller, and b) lose fat -- naturally the chest gets smaller

if this alone doesnt work and people come up and ask me, ill probably say that i "stopped" working out my chest, therefore it shrunk..
if they don't believe me, ill just tell the truth i guess and tell them to keep it a secret. so far i have told 1 person... and we even had a fight after because she went on about how 'crazy' i was.. because she didn't understand of course.. i got really paranoid about that but after a month of not talking.. we became friends again and never talked about 'it' again.. its relieving though to atleast be able to tell one person.. at least i know how it feels like to not have the secret all to myself.. i told her coz i couldnt resist the urge.. i just needed to let it out.. anyway good luck, its not that bad

Offline Ralph

• Posting Member
Who give a s#4t what people think? If you look better, let's go for it,

Ralph

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024