Author Topic: bad case of gyno 16 Y old should i consider surgery?  (Read 3777 times)

Offline syom

• Posting Member
i recently lost 20 pounds i was quite happy but i looked at my nipples at they didn,t change at all they still very puffy/big nipple/big aerola
 pic:
-http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/gynecomastia7/HNI_0091.jpg
-http://postimage.org/image/y9geha78/

What can i do?
or should i consider surgery because this piss my off its damn embarising

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 04:05:20 AM by syom »

DrBermant

i recently lost 20 pounds i was quite happy but i looked at my nipples at they didn,t change at all they still gigantic...
 pic:

What can i do?

Congratulations on your weight loss. What makes you think that your gynecomastia is rare. This contour problem occurs in about 60% of all men. Yes, it can be stressful, and I have taken the time to document the emotion of living with gynecomastia with videos of patients describing what it is like to live with this contour problem.

Weight loss can help with the fat component, but not with gland and after major weight loss, skin can become a factor. Men tend to put fat first on the breast and belly regions. We take it off those areas last.

Have you checked your BMI or body fat percentage?  If global fat is still an issue, continuing the weight loss program is often the next step. My patients who are works in progress but still frustrated have used body shaping garments to reduce the emotional stress. I took the time to document the power of these garments on my website showing just how much they can contour different degrees of body fat.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

Offline syom

• Posting Member
but does it go away because im still in puberty?
or is the only way surgery?
because losing weight wont help losing 20 pound didnt change anything...

DrBermant

but does it go away because im still in puberty?
or is the only way surgery?
because losing weight wont help losing 20 pound didnt change anything...

For most, gynecomastia does go away on its own. What does not resolve by 2 years generally does not. I have seen many patients that with patience have their gynecomastia completely resolve. No surgeon's scars can beat natures own resolution when it happens.

Do you feel better in general after the 20 pound weight loss or did you like having all of those extra pounds on your body?

I have operated on many young men much younger than you, but they had a stable problem and usually used the losing weight first to deal with the global fat issue. Surgery will never make someone with a great deal of body fat look like they do not have that fat. I view such issues as surgical sculpture. I prefer to use a coarse tool first than reserve the surgery for refinement.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

Offline syom

• Posting Member
so your advice is losing more pounds ?
and yes it does feell beter now i lost 20 pounds =/ but those damn nipples -.-

Offline syom

• Posting Member
also thanks for those quick responses =)

DrBermant

so your advice is losing more pounds ?
and yes it does feell beter now i lost 20 pounds =/ but those damn nipples -.-

At your age, that means you need to involve your parents. If they agree, we are glad to help individuals explore during a consultation or our Preliminary Remote Discussion. Sorry, in forums my answers must be generalities and discussion of concepts. Specific advice, given can be establishing a doctor patient relationship. In addition such advice would be worthless. When I am giving my patients advice, it is based on much more information and detail that we learn about you before making recommendations. If you parents agree and want to learn more, Jane is my office manager.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.

Offline syom

• Posting Member
well i am 152 pounds and 1.8m long my bmi is good 23.5

Offline ineedsurgery

• Bronze Member
Yea looks like you have tuberous breast deformity. Same thing I have. It sux. Surgery is needed by an experienced doctor

Offline syom

• Posting Member
So surgery could be the only option?

Offline gynogynoman

• Posting Member
At 16 is there not chance it will clear up naturally? I know that is the case with gyno but I have not idea with tuberous breast deformity?

Offline syom

• Posting Member
well i wanna know if surgery is the only option to get rid of this because i just wanna go to the beach take of my shirt and dont feel embarreset

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024