Author Topic: Post op diary - YAY!  (Read 10626 times)

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
  • gyne free since july 2005 :D
Hey guys, had my surgery yesterday with Dr. Craig Fielding. Even though I have not even peeked at the final results yet, I think it's safe to say that he has another satisified customer :D.

Anyway here are the experiences on the day of.

Drove from London, ON to get there for 10:30. Got there 10 minutes early. Got the gown, changed into and put clothes and valuables away in the bag they give you. I was told my surgery would be at 1pm so sat around and waited.

It actually wasn't too bad as the people there were also a little nervous and very friendly. So we all just sort of took each others minds of stuff by chatting with each other :). Good experience.

Was called at around 12:30 to get my initial readings (blood pressure, temperature) done. Then waited for another hour before I was finally called for the surgery.

They put my bag away in a locker, took my glasses and gave me one of those plastic hats to wear. I think I like not being able to see clearly as this distorted the face of most of the people I interacted with and decreased my embarassment. Btw the worst part in the waiting room was the thirst! All of us in there were sooooo damn thirsty.

Sat outside the OR for 5 minutes had a male nurse talk to me and let me know he works with Dr. Fielding and just  gave me the initial info, nice guy. Dr. Fielding came by, took me into the OR, took pictures, drew some lines using the marker. I lay down, chest was covered btw, they sensed I was nervous and were very nice and wanted me to be as comfortable as possible.

The anesthesiologist hooked me up to the IV, got the oxygen (I think) mask, got the good night and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I was gone.

Woke up what felt like 2-3 minutes later in the recovery room. I was shivering uncontrolably. Got a pre-warmed blanket. Was still shivering like crazy so was given another blanket. That helped a lot. I was apparently there for 45 mins before I woke up. No pain so far. WAs very very thirsty so I got some ice chips. They don't give you water so you don't throw up. I felt no nausea what so ever btw. I asked to breath deeply in the nose, out the mouth to try and remove the gasses in my body. Was then wheeled 15 mins later to another recovery area where guests are allowed to come and visit.

It was around 3-3:15 then I think. I was there for about 2 hours. Again still very thirsty so I was given some apple juice and a glass of ice water. My throat was very sore and that's a normal effect of the breating tube they put down your throat. I felt some pain there and asked for a pain killer, got some morphine. Oh btw one annoying side effect of morphine is that you have to really push hard when trying to piss, it doesn't seem to want to come out! Morphine dulled the pain, it was just some soreness and some irritation btw, so the pain wasn't too too bad. After 2 hours my brother in law came by we talked and I got dressed. I was leaking a little bit from the back so I was given these pads to soak that up.

The ride back was fun. I had a perceset (sp?) and was pretty talkative and chirpy the whole way back. Got home and talked to my mom and she was happy that I was satisfied and of course releaved that everything went well. Had some soup, juice and bran bread. Btw make sure to eat lots of fiber to avoid constipation, the percs tend to do that to you.

No real pain at that point. The pain killers were working well. I don't see any brusing right now on the top or bottom, the blood dripping has also stopped right now. Will have pics for you guys in a week.

Had another pain killer last night before I slept (tally at 2 now). Got up with a little bit of pain and feeling weak because of lack of food.

I had another perc (tally 3) about 2 hours ago and that really helped the pain (discomfort) go away. So pretty happy right now.

The only annoying thing is the big sponge being so prominent, any suggestions on how to hide this?

Anyway that was long I know, but I like to give details.

Feel free to ask questions :D/
[ photos ] :: [ diary ]

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
Glad to hear everything went well dps!!  :)
Details are what makes this site so informative.

Do you know anything about how much gland vs fat he removed?

I know back in the day, I had my appendix removed, and when I was put under, when I woke up, I was unable to piss. It was because my blatter was asleep..
Maybe your blatter was almost asleep.. Apparently this affects 10% of men...

I haven't looked up morphine to see if this causes the same symptoms, but I will look it up later, just curious now that you brought it up.

Looking forward to more updates brother!! Keep us posted, and get well soon.  ;)

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
hey Raven, thank you for the comments.

I have no clue about how much gland vs fat was removed. IMO my case was mostly grandular just because I used to do a lot of chest exercises and my moobs used to to stick out rather than sag. I also had the worst case of puffy nips, as confirmed by dr fielding. So in my estimation most of it was gland, but this is purely a guess.

I didn't get a chance to talk to the Dr. after the procedure and the only time someone talked to me (about procedure) was the same male nurse who talked to me before the op letting me know everything went well and the op was a success :).

The morphine thing was pointed out to me by my brother in law. He is also a physician and works mentioned that to me after I took 15 mins to take a piss at the hospital. I was standing up while doing it and I litteraly felt like I was going to fall over cause I was so tired and hungry!

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
Updates day 3

- Peeing normally now, since yesterday actually.

- Took another percoset before I crashed last night so tally now at 4.

- Also washed my hair today for the first time since the op, felt kinda clean but I think i need to take the tensor off and wash my body as I can see some dried blood (ewwwwwwwwwwww) on the sides. Anyone know if Dr. Fielding would freak out if I did this?

- Feeling good today, don't really feel any pain, just discomfort. Feel a lot more mobile today just can't wait to get rid of the sponges.

- Not too much of the highly touted itching :D ! *knock on wood*. This is ofcourse a good thing, but I have been mainly chilling inside in the A/C doing absolutely nothing so not really sweating.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 09:32:21 AM by dps »

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Congrats my fellow post op gyne brother.  

I hate the fact that Fielding didn't come in to tell me how the operation went.  At least you had one of his assistant's tell you it went well.  I got no feedback.  

I know Bambu took everything off around 2 days post op and he mentioned that Fielding wasn't too happy about it.  I think the foam pads are glued to our chest.  Try pulling on yours and you'll see what I mean.  They were very clear to me to not get anything wet and don't take the bandages off.  I would like to put on new bandaging because of the dried blood.  

I went outside today for 3 minutes and now I'm itching all over.  I should have stayed inside with the AC.  

My post op appointment is on Tuesday at St. Joseph's.  I didn't know this part.  I thought it would be back at his office.  When is your post op appointment?  You have to call the hospital to setup the appointment.  I didn't know this either so Leslie (Fielding's receptionist gave me the number).  416-530-6043 and wait for an operator.  
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 05:12:43 PM by Blitz »

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
Hey Blitz, my post op is also on tuesday. You're right about the whole removal of bandages thing, I guess I will go with the professional advice and not take them off. I mean what's a few more days :).

I have to call them as well, probably tomorrow morning to confirm the exact time. I completely forgot about that.

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
Day 4

Bowel movements finally back to normal, hurrah!

Swelling feels like it has gone down, not too much itching and hardly any pain. A little bit of soreness at times. Went out today to the mall, was pretty concious of my bandages but it still felt great to be walking about without the gyne :D.

Planning on taking bandages off and wrapping a new velcro tensor I picked up. The dried blood is pretty disgusting and not somethnig I want to flaunt around at the post-op.

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of posts. I have had computer access issues which have now been resolved.

I will however try and log days 5 and 6 and highlight significant things.

Day 5

A little more mobile now, a lot less tentative. It seems the fat has gone from my breasts onto my stomach :D. So will hit the gym as soon as the healing is done. Took off the Tensors today and threw them away. They were looking pretty gross. Also took off these draining pads under the tensor and tossed them out as well. They had absorbed soo much blood that they were as hard as a rock!

Anyway, hopefully I haven't grossed you out too much ;). Finally saw some initial results, no scaring visible yet. I can see the little holes he made to get the lipo done. The results looked spectacular :D. Mind you I am still covered with the foam pads he puts on. They are glued on tight and I can really peak. I did however wash myself pretty well and that felt great :).

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
Day 6

Much much much more mobile today. I actually did a little bit of light lifting, moving stuff around my sisters house, helping them pack (they're moving). At nigth I drove back to Toronto, threw a frickin storm! But it felt great to drive, no pain what so ever.

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
Day 7 - Post Op aka Judgement day

So this was it, today was the day. The day for getting the pads removed and seeing the final results! Got to the hospital a little late, was a little freaked that I might miss my appointment but dr fielding was running late as usual  ::), so it didn't matter.

Once there I registered got my name called out and was sitting in the room. Took of my shirt, Dr Fielding came in with this young nurse. She was attractive, although not really hot, but nice none the less. I was a little bit nervous but not really, because apparently she was also there at the day of the surgery.

Fielding gave me a speech about how all the guys are such wimps when it comes to the glued on pads. Said it won't hurt a bit and he just snapped them off like Velcro. Guys it really didn't hurt one bit! And he showed me the lack of hair on the pads (mind you I don't have much chest hair ;)).

Now the results............WOW FREAKIN WOW WOW WOW WOW

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That was me once he took those pads off. He teased me by calling me Arnold but he was really proud of his work and really really happy with the results. As was I.

A little bit of bruising under the nipples, nothing major. I don't see too much scaring yet. Nipples are wrinkled due to the fact that I had ultra puffy nipples. So that was to be expected. But WOW WOW WOW ;D

Anyhow he told me it was mostly gland but also a lot of fat. He said 500cc's both sides I think. Which is alot IMO. Said I don't need a compression vest, should just stick to the tensor and call him in 3-4 months if I have any questions or concerns.

And that my friends, is the end of that :).

Pics are going to be up soon, will keep you posted.

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
Just got out of the shower. Damn that felt great! I felt my chest and it feels sorta numb but there seems to be some sensation in my aerola. Once again the results look spectacular :), much much better than what I expected.

I just threw on a t-shirt I had been given as a gift a year ago and never had the courage to wear. It looks great and feels so comfortable! I can't wait to go out and just walk around for the heck of it. Now I won't be the only idiot complaining about the light breeze blowing ;).

The tensor feels a little itchy so I might go out and get a compression shirt such as underarmour. I have some from before but it has become a little torn and doesn't fit as snug as before. I have decided to forgo the compression vest as a decent one would take at least a week to ship from the States and by then I probably wouldn't really need it.

So life is just about great right now, transferring the pics they will be up shortly :).

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
Glad to hear everything is what you had expected dps.!!
Congratulations on your results!!  :)

I know I browse these inspiring posts all the time.!!
Looking forward to seeing your results when your pics are up!!  ;)

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
Bought an underarmour heatgear tank top. These things are great, pretty compressed right now and not too tight. No more itch, yay!

Oh btw pics are up!

http://www.angelfire.com/vt2/tstarks/dps/

These will ofcourse be updated periodically :).

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Pics look great brother.  Congrats.  

Offline KingCobra

• Bronze Member
  • La La La La Sing a Happy Song!
Hooooooooooolyyyyyy  Shiaaaattt you had some some big f'n areolas man.  Props to you for hiding this shit for so long.  And you look amazing now.  Good luck with the recovery!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024