Author Topic: Severe case  (Read 14575 times)

Offline 3:16

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

This is my first post on this very interesting discussion board. It took me quite some time to find the courage to show my case to anyone at all, but I consider this here to be the right place because most of you know what it is like to live with gynecomastia. However, from time to time I have to laugh about some "severe" cases which are reported here. Please don't get me wrong but I would give a lot to have your gynecomastia instead of mine. I really do! In general, I'm a very successful and happy guy in his twenties but due to my gynecomastia I've never ever had a girlfriend (kissing, sex et cetera) and haven't been swimming or showing my upper body for almost 15 years. I always try to hide "them" with compressional (adidas) underwear, but how can this be seen as a happy and free life?  :(

I'd appreciate to get some feedback and the first thoughts from somebody else than me.  ;)

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
I too have to laugh at some of the 'problems' on here. I also have a case of severe gyne which I have been struggling with all my life... The only difference is that I am overweight and you seem skinny. I strongly suggest surgery for you.

Here's my thread and pic:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=23821.0

• Posting Member
Well, to be honest overweight is an issue for me as well. (Un)fortunately my fat is not "well" distributed. I have muscular shoulders and arms and quite beautiful shanks, but the rest is...well obese. I'm 6 ft 6 in tall and currently weigh ~118 kg. I once had ~128 kg (in 2003) but I also was down to ~78 kg once (in 2005). At the time my gynecomastia was actually quite okay and I had no problems with wearing normal shirts and stuff without compressional underwear. In the last weeks, I've lost some 4-5 kg and I'm on a good way to lose some more in the next weeks. However, "they" are still there and it's been a big issue all life long. I'm about to fall in love with a girl, but I just can't imagine that anyone wants to see this or touch me. So you see that it's rather a psychological thing.

I'm gonna post in your thread later on.  ;)

• Posting Member
Anybody else?  :'(

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Yes, you do have a very severe case.  You didn't mention anything about surgery.  Have you spoken with anyone about it yet?  That's the only way to do anything about your problem.   It's the only way to have a chance of living life normally.  Therefore, I don't look as surgery as an "option" for you or a "luxury".  I look at it as an absolute necessity. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, yours is a rather severe case and truthfully, the only remedy for you would be surgery.  The surgery would involve removal of all the excessive tissues, removing excess skin to tighten everything and then making the areolas smaller and re-positioning the nipples to a more appropriate position on the chest.

All these things will result in scars on your chest -- it will be a trade-off of scars for a more comfortable and contoured chest.  The scars, initially red, will eventually fade to white in time -- but they are permanent.

I have done several cases similar to yours -- check the photo gallery on my website (below).  Specifically, look at cases
74, 80 and 82.

There is hope!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Raboze

• Bronze Member
Yes, yours is a rather severe case and truthfully, the only remedy for you would be surgery.  The surgery would involve removal of all the excessive tissues, removing excess skin to tighten everything and then making the areolas smaller and re-positioning the nipples to a more appropriate position on the chest.

All these things will result in scars on your chest -- it will be a trade-off of scars for a more comfortable and contoured chest.  The scars, initially red, will eventually fade to white in time -- but they are permanent.

I have done several cases similar to yours -- check the photo gallery on my website (below).  Specifically, look at cases
74, 80 and 82.

There is hope!

Dr Jacobs

Wow, amazing job -- especially on the #82! Will definitely consult you if I need a revision surgery!

Offline xunit

• Posting Member
I always try to hide "them" with compressional (adidas) underwear, but how can this be seen as a happy and free life?  :(

Feedback: yes, that is gynecomastia.  My breasts are a lot like yours:  Large nipple, areola, lots of glandular "dense" tissue.  My nurse practitioner, when she give me my annual examination a few years ago, said my breasts, milk ducts etc. are fibrocystic but otherwise normal.  I asked her, normal for a woman?  She said, yes, they are normal for a woman.  Kind of floored me, but...

So now I just take care of them.  I am not going to have surgery.  Nothing against the guys who do have surgery. 

When did your breasts develop?  For me it was 11 years of age, 6th grade.  When they first came in, I liked to wear clothes that showed them off, even though much smaller then, and I wore tops that made them feel pretty.  How can I explain it?  I was happy with my shape.

But now I am so big (44C), it is obvious if I do not camouflage my shape.  At home I wear a bra sometimes, and usually at night in bed.  My wife was surprised when we first got married. First time she saw me with my top off she said, "They're huge!" But she enjoys them, and we have plenty of intercourse.  It works out.

Anyway, good to see you on the board.

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
^^ I don't understand why someone would embrace their moobs? No offense though...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It takes all kinds of people.  I can understand accepting the situation as a part of who you are but I have some problems with the concept of embracing gynecomastia.

There are actually men who deliberately take estrogen to enlarge their breasts. I really have a problem trying to understand this, but they are sincere. Like I said, it takes all kinds.
Grandpa Dan

Offline anogyne

• Posting Member
Definately gyne. And a severe case as well. I don't laugh at these matters at all to be honest. Every case is a nightmare. Gyne is hell.

Brg

Anonymous Gynecomastian

Offline Knw77

I've never posted here before, but I have dealt with this emotionally difficult condition for years. I have to laugh a little at some of the postings I've seen here before from usually younger guys who do not have this condition and are just self conscious. And the portion of the population for whom this is apparently a fetish. I'm not judging anyone, and i'm certainly not directing my posting at anyone in particular. I wouldn't be so disrespectful. I'm just saying that clearly this a real issue for some of us, but not all. Some of us have lived nearly a lifetime of pain, shame and embarassment because of this. Best wishes for all who suffer with this difficult condition. 

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I've never posted here before, but I have dealt with this emotionally difficult condition for years. I have to laugh a little at some of the postings I've seen here before from usually younger guys who do not have this condition and are just self conscious. And the portion of the population for whom this is apparently a fetish. I'm not judging anyone, and i'm certainly not directing my posting at anyone in particular. I wouldn't be so disrespectful. I'm just saying that clearly this a real issue for some of us, but not all. Some of us have lived nearly a lifetime of pain, shame and embarassment because of this. Best wishes for all who suffer with this difficult condition.  

Hi Trialbypain,

Some of us have lived nearly a lifetime of pain, shame and embarassment because of this.

I would agree that gynecomastia causes decades to lifetime of psychological pain in quite a sizable percentage of men having it.

And the portion of the population for whom this is apparently a fetish.

I would say that "fetish" is not a word that would apply here.

http:// en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_fetishism
Furthermore, it must be noted that according to the ICD, an addiction to specific parts or features of the human body and even "inanimate" parts of corpses, under no circumstances are fetishism

A few men do appear to sexualize the sensations of the breasts and nipples.  Most do not.  This also happens with guys who don't have gynecomastia.  Men do have the same enervation as women in the chest, nipples and breasts.  American society has certainly sexualized women's breasts in the past 100 years as they have ceased to be used primarily to provide food for infants.  However sexualization of sensations, perhaps recognition of potential erogenous zones might be a more accurate way to say it doesn't in any way meat the definition of "fetish".  Is calling that recognition of our neurology a "fetish" an attempt to stigmatize the men who turn a sour lemon to lemonade?  That is often the advice on how to deal with a difficulty.  

I am not including "she-males" and that whole class of things in this as I don't know anything about it except that it does not appear to be guys with gynecomastia.

I am quite aware of the psychological pain caused by gynecomastia to guys like myself for decades, yourself and 3:16 posting here. I lived that for decades.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There is an old Indian adage which goes something like this:  "Do not criticize someone until you have walked a mile in his moccasins."

The same holds true for gynecomastia.  There are some in whom even the smallest amount of excess breast tissue is devastating -- and others in which very large breasts seemingly do not bother them.  And everything in between.

Bottom line is that everyone has their own individual tolerance for what they deem acceptable or not.  One should not judge others but rather accept their individual reaction to the condition.  Some opt for surgery -- others do not.  Some celebrate their gyne -- and others abhor it.  There is room for everyone on this forum.

Fortunately, gyne is a benign condition and one in which, if one desires, there is adequate surgical treatment.  That is far, far better than being given a diagnosis of some disease for which there is no treatment or hope.  Put that into perspective.

Dr Jacobs

Offline thetodd

Gyne surgery in the UK is a fixed price on all manor of case, so everyones on a level playing field. Your case defiantly is a severe case and i hope you chose to have the surgery done because for me its been life changing. But yeah everyone has their own demons there are lads on here who have body dysmorphia it is an illness and isnt as simple as going under the knife.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024