Author Topic: Is it gyn ? do i need a surgery ... worried  (Read 2019 times)

Offline tab123

Hi

I am 29 years old male , i know my chest is a bit abnormal never thought what was the reason

just came to know its called gynecomastia few months ago

here are my pics  .. do i really need a surgery :( 

thanks

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome to gyne.org, tab123.

The only reason to have surgery is if you are bothered significantly by your chest.  By "bothered," I mean that it interferes with your ability to live life normally (i.e., you avoid situations that might call for you to take your shirt off like skiing or swimming, you wear inappropriate clothing in order to hide your gyne, etc.), and that interference is upsetting to you.  

Your pics are a little close but if you have gyne, it appears to be only mild.  Some men wouldn't be bothered at all by your chest, while others might be because they aren't "perfect". The only thing that is important is how YOU feel about it.  

Gynecomastia is not a dangerous situation and doesn't HAVE to be corrected.  It only depends on whether you want it corrected.  If you do, look for a board certified plastic surgeon with a LOT of gyne-correcting surgeries under their belt.  Interview 2 or 3 surgeons, get their opinions, look at their before/after pics, and then make your decision.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I would echo raider fan's comments. 

Yours is a mild case.  There is no necessity to have surgery unless it is something that bothers you.  Obviously you can try to shed a few pounds and that might improve the situation somewhat.  Or, for certain situations, you may elect to wear a snug compression shirt to provide better contour.

Bottom line:  surgery is not necessary unless you want it.  Many guys will opt to live with a condition such as yours -- others will seek surgery.

Dr JAcobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024