Author Topic: Reacurring gynocamastia  (Read 1600 times)

Offline gynocamastiaman

• Posting Member
I STARTED TO DEVELOP GYNOCOMASTIA WAY BACK WHEN I WAS ABOUT 9 YEARS OLD. I HAD IT BAD TOO. BACK IN THE EARLY 60S IT SEEMED THAT DOCTORS IGNORED THIS, AT LEAST ON ME THEY DID. IT WASN'T UNTILL I WAS 28 YEARS OLD THAT I HAD SURGERY TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM. BY THEN I HAD A LOT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE YEARS OF HAVING A B CUP CHEST. I SHOULD OF DONE MORE RESEARCH ON THE SURGEON FOR MY CHEST DIDN'T COME OUT THE WAY I WANTED IT TOO. BOTH BREAST WERE LEFT WITH TOO MUCH FAT IN THEM, ENOUGH TO ALMOST FIT INTO A B CUP BRA AND MY LEFT BREAST HAS A UGLY INDENT. NOW THE PROBLEM IM HAVING IS RECURRING GYNOCOMASTIA. I HAVEN'T GONE TO THE DOCTOR YET ABOUT THIS. ABOUT A YEAR AGO, I STARTED HAVING ICHING IN BOTH NIPPLES AND TENDERNESS AND SWELLING AGAIN, LIKE I GOT WAY BACK WHEN I WAS 10 YEARS OLD.
MY BREAST FOR SOME REASON, HAVE KICKED IN AGAIN GROWING AND NOW THERE JUST AS BIG AS THEY WERE BEFORE SURGERY.
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THIS COULD HAPPEN. I SUPPOSE ITS HORMONE RELATED. I HAVE ALSO NOTICE THAT BOTH MY TESTICLES HAVE ATROPHIED UP A BUNCH AND ARE NOW VERY SMALL. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL AND APPRECIATED.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The surgery you would have had in the 1960's has very little in common with the kind of procedures performed today.

In the early 1960's I was an Air Force Medic. There was no MRI or CT Scan  and we were just starting to play with ultra sound. Gynecomastia was actually so common that we did not often even take note of it.

Liposuction made its way into the US ( I think from Italy) in the 1980's. Of the various medications in common use today, Most did not exist in their present form 15 years ago.

I don't know your age, But I am 74. As we age our testes put out less testosterone and the balance shifts allowing the estrogen to become the more dominant hormone. This would seem to be what is happening in your case. Not all men have this same effect or result, the range of "normal" is actually quite wide. Sometimes the problem is medications we are taking for things like BPH.

The first thing you need is to see a Doctor for a complete physical which would include tests for your hormone levels. It sounds like you might benefit from Hormone Replacement Therapy. You must be totally candid with your Doctor and make all your concerns known. If you expect the Dr. to read your mind, you will not be happy with the treatment you get. Because I have the Doctors attention for only a short time, I usually have a very terse list of concerns or questions which I simply hand to him. That way I don't need to remember everything I want to bring up.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024