Author Topic: Do I need Surgery or Motivation ?  (Read 2547 times)

Offline andy.gray

Hi all ,

Ive had puffy nipples since 8th grade and its been almost 10-12 years. I always thought it was a pseudo gyne since as a kid i used to eat a lot of chocolates, fried and junk food.

For the last couple of months ive been working out hard at the gym. I still have a lot of fat in my tummy and chest. I believe that all that junk i ate as a kid could have accumulated as fat in my chest and tummy area. Will working out more reduce this or is surgery the ultimate solution. Are there pills i can take to boost my testoterone and reduce my estrogen levels. Will that help ? im confused.

Offline ineedsurgery

• Bronze Member
Looks like there is hard tissue behind your nips..is this true? Anyways looks like gland tissue that needs to be excised surgically.

Offline hang_lo

• Posting Member
Looks like motivation to shed some fat. I think the fat is the base under the chest and your nipples. Loose the fat and I think your chest will flatten down and look completely normal. I think your nipples are naturally larger. That doesn't mean you need surgery to make them smaller.

Offline cms5402

• Posting Member
I'd also want to know if there is hard tissue you can feel under the area, but just from the appearance I'd say it's almost definitely gyne that would require surgery to correct.  When in doubt, talk to your doctor or schedule a free consult with a plastic surgeon.

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
I'd lose more fat but also, to me, there's definitely a roundish appearance around the nipple area. From what I've read on this site, that roundish, pointy puffy nip gets reduced immediately once the gland is removed.

Good luck.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Andy,

You don't appear to be carrying that much extra weight, but you do have projection of your chest consistent with mild gynecomastia.  The large areolar diameter goes along with that - breast tissue pushing against the areolar skin.  Removal of any gland tissue present behind the nipple areola complex typically helps to reduce that large diameter.  Do you feel firm tissue in the breast area, separate from your flexed pec muscle?
To answer your question, motivation is great and will help keep you on the path to losing weight, building muscle, etc.  Time will tell as you continue to lose fat with weight loss.  Solid breast tissue, or gland tissue, will remain as you lose weight, and increasing your pec muscle size will only push the gland tissue out further.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline thetodd

textbook gyne, i wouldnt put to much emphasis on weight loss just because your not rocking a six pack doesnt make you overweight.

If its bothering you consider having surgery, even if you dropped to 9% BF youd still have the tissue there. Dont take any sort of estrogen blocker it wont help, extra test will make it worse!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024