Author Topic: Gyno? I bet.  (Read 2124 times)

Offline ListenClosely

• Posting Member
Im 18, and used to weight 245 pounds, i am now currently 203 and my chest doesn't look any smaller, guessing gyno? what a let down...:/

Offline cms5402

• Posting Member
Seems unclear from the picture you posted.  Congrats on your weight loss!  It looks like you are carrying some excess weight so it's hard to differentiate between excess weight and possible gyne.  Can you feel distinct, hard masses in your chest or is it mostly soft tissue?  In my experience, there is no mistaking the glandular tissue.

Offline ListenClosely

• Posting Member
Thanks, and i can't even really tell soft or hard.....to be clear ill take more pictures in the morning and hopefully i can get a response to know better. thanks.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I would like to clear up some common misconceptions.

First:  gyno is only gyno if you can feel something hard.  Absolutely, 100% wrong!!!  Breast tissue can feel hard or soft -- and the same for fat.  Even my experienced hands cannot discern fat from breast tissue with certainty -- so how could a lay person diagnose it?

Gyno, IMHO, is diagnosed by observation first and palpation second.  If there is an abnormal or excess accumulation of tissue on the chest -- it is gyno.  It doesn't matter if one can "feel" something or not, if it is hard or soft, it is gyno. 

Second:  If you are or have been overweight, you will undoubtedly have some breast tissue, which will remain even if you lose weight.  In men, weight gain is always accompanied by fat deposition on the chest, abdomen and love handles.  And when weight is lost, these are the last areas to lose the fat.

Unfortunately, once you have been overweight, and even if you lose weight, your skin will have been stretched (and will lose some degree of elasticity) and you will have some residual breast tissue regardless of the amount of weight that is eventually lost.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline robirobi

• Bronze Member
You are 18yo and a little chunky so it is probably noy gynecomastia. I would try to get fitter first and not even think about surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024