Author Topic: surgery complications  (Read 4111 times)

Offline LFM

• Posting Member
Hey Fellas, Just had Gyno surgery 2 months ago.  Just had lipo, was told didn't need excisional surgery.  Now have lumps forming under areolas that cause sagging.  My surgeon told me to keep an eye on it.  It has me very depressed.  Anyone else with this experience and help with info on further corrective surgery?  At 1 month out i was happy, but now, not so happy.  Im 50y/o had gyno with puffy nipples since puberty.
photo1: preop, photo 2: post op 1 day, photo 3: post op 1 month and happy, photo 4: post op 2 months with lumps.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Sounds like it may likely be the formation of scar tissue under the nipple area.  If so, that is very normal, and in most cases with massage and time, it will break up and go away on its own.  However, sometimes the scar tissue is stubborn, and stays exactly where it is.  In cases like this, I believe your PS may try kenalog injections.  When done correctly, these injections break down the scar tissue and help you achieve a more normal appearance (and no big lumps!).  Since it's only 2 months out, you may want to wait just a bit longer to know for sure which it is, and if it goes away on its own.  Failing that, I'd see your PS again, and ask him about the kenalog treatment.  Your 1 month photo looked awesome, hopefully you will regain those results soon.  Good luck my friend!
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline LFM

• Posting Member
Thanks shakenbake for your words of wisdom. I will continue being patient and try not to be too freaked out. Again, I really appreciate you input!

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Glad to help!  I've been reading others experiences, as well as remarks and suggestions from the doctors here for awhile now.  I'm having surgery myself in less than 2 weeks, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can before hand so I don't run into anything unexpected afterwards.  The doctors who post here are awesome, and really help out guys like us with questions and concerns.  It really eases the mind!

Offline LFM

• Posting Member
Good luck with your surgery! Hope is all goes smoothly!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your experience of developing lumps about two months after surgery produced a smooth, flat chest is common -- it sure sounds like the formation of scar tissue.  Massage may help but patience is also important.  usually scar tissue that forms a lump will require a cortisone injection (like Kenalog) sometime at the 4-6 month time frame.

Speak to your surgeon about this.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Good luck with your surgery! Hope is all goes smoothly!

Thank you!  I'm going in this Thursday, and I'm looking forward to being on "the other side".

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Hi LFM,
how's is the chest looking now?

shakenbake, how was your surgery..

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member

shakenbake, how was your surgery..

My surgery went pretty well.  I'm 3 weeks post op today.  I'm going to post some pictures on my thread shortly to show the progress.  Like LFM, I also have some hefty lumps of scar tissue that have formed.  The worst one is on the left side of the chest extending from about the nipple all the way towards the back under my arm.  It's kind of a jagged football shape if I had to describe it.  After Dr. Jacobs comment on lumpy scar tissue probably needing a kenalog injection, I'm a little concerned that I will likely need this done.  It's way too early to say for sure, but I'm thinking that if it usually takes around 1-2 months for lumpy scar tissue to form it will likely get worse.  I've had this now since my first week follow up appointment.  I continue to massage, so hopefully it will lessen the lumpiness.  As it is now, it sticks out so far that not matter which way I stretch or move, I can't see the incision marks below it unless I look in the mirror!

How's your lumps coming along LFM?  It's been another month since your last post, anything change for the better?

Offline LFM

• Posting Member
Hi Shakenbake,  My surgery turned out great.  Here is a new photo, 8/5/13

Offline LFM

• Posting Member
Hey all, surgery turned out great.  I'm happy that I went through it, wish i had done it sooner.  Here is another photo. 8/5/13

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024